• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yeah, Shaq gives a damn.

top dawg

Let's get this out of the way first.  It's not a narrative that Shaq has been underperforming the contract he was given.  It's a fact.  He was paid like Bobby Wagner.  He's been "solid", yes, but not spectacular.  Shaq has nearly played up to his contract this year, and a better team might have led him to be even more effective.  Glad to see it.

Now, what has never been in doubt (that I've heard) is his mental fortitude.  He's right.  If you don't get pissed off at losing, we don't need you.  That sounds an awful lot like Cam.  Good.  We need that attitude.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

This has been Shaq's best season.  He will never be Luke or TD, but he has grown and shows leadership.

The couple of games he was out we definitely missed him quite a bit.

I like what he said about if you don't want to play then you aren't needed.....speaks volumes about the locker room right now.  Some players have packed it in.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

This has been Shaq's best season.  He will never be Luke or TD, but he has grown and shows leadership.

The couple of games he was out we definitely missed him quite a bit.

I like what he said about if you don't want to play then you aren't needed.....speaks volumes about the locker room right now.  Some players have packed it in.

Yup... Rhule can't get players to play with passion anymore... But maybe his culture all along is a sort of acceptance and apathy of poor play, I dunno 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Weird how yesterday saying "we're not getting is done" was throwing people under the bus, but today it's "giving a damn" 🤔

In any case, it's obvious there are some cultural issues here.

People didn't listen to the clip at all and took a very small piece out of context. That clip was bookended by Sam saying he should have recognized a blitz and on the other end by him saying he isn't playing well enough to win games.

And the statement itself was a damn answer to a question about he and Cam suffering behind a bad OL. Cam was brought up in the question...

Just now, mav1234 said:

People didn't listen to the clip at all and took a very small piece out of context. That clip was bookended by Sam saying he should have recognized a blitz and on the other end by him saying he isn't playing well enough to win games.

And the statement itself was a damn answer to a question about he and Cam suffering behind a bad OL. Cam was brought up in the question...

I know. Just pointing out how things work sometimes.