• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a real coach Tepper!

BurnNChinn

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Tomlin is not perfect by far but definitely better than any coach panthers have had. Yes, he doesn't have many superbowls but tell me who else does. New England just seemed to win best coach and qb together tandem. He should have more subs with some of those teams he had, but we say that about others as well. There can only be one sb winner.  He should have let Ben walked a couple years ago. Probably would have had a better chance at the Sb.

I don't attribute much of my grading to super bowl wins for QB's or Coaches...however, playoff wins can be a little closer to the truth, especially when talking about coaches.

Tomlin, while a good coach, has had the backing of the best run team in all of football, as well as a proven vet franchise QB...and has managed the same amount of playoff wins as the panthers over  the last 10 years.

I mean, we can move around that all we like, but that is a glaring stat.

He's better than any coach we have had...I think, looking back Foxy was a good coach, but was stuck with a bad franchise, and a mess at the QB position for a while...things that Tomlin has never had to deal with.

Already knew it was Tomlin before I clicked on the thread.  And I agree...  he may be my favorite coach in the league because dude is 100% real, through and through.

And funny enough, Tepper was one of the Steelers minority owners that wanted him gone lol...  pair that with his Rhule hire and that tells you what Tepper knows about football and what kind of judge of character he is.  fuging imbecile...  should probably stick to screwing retail investors out of their life savings and such.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I don't attribute much of my grading to super bowl wins for QB's or Coaches...however, playoff wins can be a little closer to the truth, especially when talking about coaches.

Tomlin, while a good coach, has had the backing of the best run team in all of football, as well as a proven vet franchise QB...and has managed the same amount of playoff wins as the panthers over  the last 10 years.

I mean, we can move around that all we like, but that is a glaring stat.

He's better than any coach we have had...I think, looking back Foxy was a good coach, but was stuck with a bad franchise, and a mess at the QB position for a while...things that Tomlin has never had to deal with.

How many times have they not made the playoffs? I mean that's what I would go by. Football is a grueling grind, and it's just a game at a time. Teams get hot and cold, and sometimes certain teams gave your number. I would prefer that the SB would be played like best 2 out of 3 instead of one game and just cut down on the number of playoff teams. To me basketball has a more telling story of who the true champ is. Just like college we looking at Ga and Alabama 2yrs in a row playing different teams each yr and yet they are back seeing who is the best. If ga wins I think the should play again tho.

36 minutes ago, Asaria said:

He's a good coach, but his 15 straight non losing seasons is a bit misleading. He's had the luxuary of playing the Browns and Bungals for all those years, while having a franchise QB. Yet despite all that, he only has one SB win, and that was with Cowher players and not his.

A bit misleading. Have you heard of the AFC least? The Bengals have had good years. Marvin Lewis made the playoffs for years and just couldn't win a game. They were even more consistent as far as reaching the postseason than we have been. Stop calling them the Bungals. Browns, you have a point. It is not misleading and quit trying to downplay this man's success. We have no room to talk. It comes off as some hating ass bullshit.

Edited by NorthTryon

9 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

And not a Fhule!

was afraid this was the pic, dude is trash. Team has held onto players for way too long. The Rooney's don't like change. They've been stuck in mediocrity for years but play in an awful division that has included the 0-16 Browns. If we played in that division, Ron or Fox would still be here. 

and fug shittsburgh and rapistburger. he craves the attention just like fraudgers. last year was supposed to be his last year. he said he was retiring a month ago, then said he was coming back, and maybe the team actually told him they weren't bringing him back. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut he'll be back, because that franchise is trash and stuck in the past. they gotta sell seats and trotting out mason rudolph won't sell jerseys or fill seats.

The Panthers have never been shy in their admiration of the Steelers and have always been very public in their claim to want to be a version of that organization.

The sheer irony of all that is the Steelers have built every generation of their roster going back to Terry Bradshaw's days on an offensive line. They've always had O-linemen playing together for years and while they lost one or two along the way, they have never been forced to make wholesale changes to their O-line for any reason other than injuries. 

Ben Rothliesberger has all the mobility of a pile of bricks and, in my opinion, he's an average QB. But his longevity and success are all testament to what commitment to building and keeping an O-line should be.

50 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

How many times have they not made the playoffs? I mean that's what I would go by. Football is a grueling grind, and it's just a game at a time. Teams get hot and cold, and sometimes certain teams gave your number. I would prefer that the SB would be played like best 2 out of 3 instead of one game and just cut down on the number of playoff teams. To me basketball has a more telling story of who the true champ is. Just like college we looking at Ga and Alabama 2yrs in a row playing different teams each yr and yet they are back seeing who is the best. If ga wins I think the should play again tho.

I understand your sentiment, football has never been about crowning the best team in the country in October though, it's what makes it so great...you have to finish, although extremely hard.

That said, again, he has the best run team in the NFL, with a very long pedigree, along with a veteran franchise QB...and they won as many playoff games in the past 10 years as the panthers have...3.

Call it what you may, but that doesn't jump off the page as "great" coach, his winning seasons jump out at me as "good" coach...but that's just me.

I put him and Pete Carrol in the same box, good, not great NFL coaches.

59 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

A bit misleading. Have you heard of the AFC least? The Bengals have had good years. Marvin Lewis made the playoffs for years and just couldn't win a game. They were even more consistent as far as reaching the postseason than we have been. Stop calling them the Bungals. Browns, you have a point. It is not misleading and quit trying to downplay this man's success. We have no room to talk. It comes off as some hating ass bullshit.

Don't know why you're trying to defend him or calling me a hater, I'm simply stating the truth. Also I'll keep the Bungals name around, since they've been a joke more often than not. Lest we forget their playoff collapse against the Steelers, or how they became the first team to ever lose to the Texans in the playoffs, or how they haven't won a playoff game since the early 90s...

Anyway, Tomlin is a good coach, but he's not a great one. He's been carried by high end talent more often than not, and it's an indictment that not only does he have only 1 super bowl win(With Cowher players) but he has as many playoff wins as we do in the past decade.

He simply gets outcoached when it matters.

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I understand your sentiment, football has never been about crowning the best team in the country in October though, it's what makes it so great...you have to finish, although extremely hard.

That said, again, he has the best run team in the NFL, with a very long pedigree, along with a veteran franchise QB...and they won as many playoff games in the past 10 years as the panthers have...3.

Call it what you may, but that doesn't jump off the page as "great" coach, his winning seasons jump out at me as "good" coach...but that's just me.

I put him and Pete Carrol in the same box, good, not great NFL coaches.

Oh yes I agree he is just a good coach. He has enough talent on some of his teams I think to have won more than just one ring. I was just saying that some coaches are just regular season coaches and can't  seem to hurdle the pressure that surrounds playoffs. That seems to be the case with him. Good regular season coach, but that's about it. I'm not a fan of him but he does win to get to the playoffs.

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

Tomlin is "ok".  I see this as more of an organizational accomplishment.  Good drafting and wise spending in free agency has done just as much as coaching to attain this level of consistency.

You do realize that Tomlin is a big reason for that. He has been given a lot of power. I believe that most NFL analysts would say that Tomlin is much more than just "OK". I've heard more than a few sing his praises.

1 hour ago, Asaria said:

Don't know why you're trying to defend him or calling me a hater, I'm simply stating the truth. Also I'll keep the Bungals name around, since they've been a joke more often than not. Lest we forget their playoff collapse against the Steelers, or how they became the first team to ever lose to the Texans in the playoffs, or how they haven't won a playoff game since the early 90s...

Anyway, Tomlin is a good coach, but he's not a great one. He's been carried by high end talent more often than not, and it's an indictment that not only does he have only 1 super bowl win(With Cowher players) but he has as many playoff wins as we do in the past decade.

He simply gets outcoached when it matters.

Because you are hating. That is a first class organization and the definition of consistency. I dislike abject hating for no reason. You over here talking about playoff collapses and we haven't sniffed the playoffs in years. We haven't even had the chance to collapse. I wish we had a coach that could consistently get us into the tournament. 

7 hours ago, Rduncanjr06 said:

Underachiever if you ask me but still better than anything that’s been in Carolina 

Only an underachiever with consistently losing to the patriots, which is rumored to be the reason Tepper led the charge in wanting him fired when he was a minority owner. 

I get it but a lot of the holes came from consistently having middle to late 20 picks and not hitting on mega impact prospects (besides Watt) . Which still is on the gm more than Tomlin