• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams (Observer) offense analysis

ladypanther

6 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article257021862.html#storylink=cpy

Obviously there is no one on this staff who has a clue about running an NFL offense.  I do not see Rhule being able to attract a competent  OC to his staff or that he even would even know what one looks like.  Time to move on Tepper.

I read the article.  To be honest, I didn’t post it as it just doesn’t matter anymore 

Tepper decides.  

The only thing I decide is what I do after 26 years of caring about and investing in a  a pro team 

Tepper, in all probability, will keep this fool another year and there is nothing season ticket holders like me can do other than this turn in our tickets and walk away or pray we can sell individually and recoup.  Unfortunately there is only two games that might sell in 2022 and they will sell below value. 

I did sign the change.org petition to fire Rhule yesterday 

after the last game, I will email my rep and ask he get it to Tepper. It’s probably below his pay grades 

Edited by raleigh-panther

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Everyone was all ready to throw Joe Brady in front of a speeding bus but if you were paying attention you should have already known how this would play out. This putrid offense has been running exactly the way Rhule has wanted it to.

This is still largely Joe Brady's offense...anyone expecting our offense to have been completely revamped in a span of a week or two late in the season just because our OC got fired, had irrationally unrealistic expectations.  It takes at least an entire offseason to install a new playbook/offense.  Nixon only gets to decide which plays to run from the same flawed playbook and so far admittedly has done a poor job of it.

• Pie 3

6 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Though Rhule fired former offensive coordinator Joe Brady weeks ago, the Panthers are still running his offense and shouldn’t be.

This is what people don't seem to understand.  Anyone witnessing our terrible offense over the last few weeks and thinking that somehow vindicates Joe Brady, is being incredibly naive.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, MilkyCastles said:

“The Panthers should be set on the outside.” How sad is it that Rhule fought tooth and nail to keep BC out of the LT spot, only for him to have better success than anyone there all season. I’m convinced that the only one buying into the Rhule process is Rhule himself. 

I agree with heavy play action, Darnold is a semi mobile QB and we have wide receivers that can succeed downfield. Seems like a no brainer right??

Yup, although earlier in the season they were trying play action every down but not actually ever running the ball, which is not how you succeed in keeping the defense guessing. Ellis could probably call a better game than Rhules staff

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

This is what people don't seem to understand.  Anyone witnessing our terrible offense over the last few weeks and thinking that somehow vindicates Joe Brady, is being incredibly naive.

It's the incompetent in game play calling that is like coaching for dummies level stuff, for all that have been involved. Problem is Rhule doesn't have any experience to share with these guys so they're just learning on the job just like him. Obviously starting with Brady's playbook of Sean Paytons preseason sheets doesn't help either especially playing in the same division

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Coming away from an article feeling like I've been given something to think about always makes me feel good about the writer.

Williams is very good at his job.

Sh¡t! Sounds like he knows more about running an offense than Nixon and Brady. That should be a deafening wake-up call for Tepper (who seems to want to keep hitting the damned snooze button).

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The biggest lesson to learn from the Brady hiring and firing is that experience matters.

I know NFL teams are crazy to find the next Sean McVay but they'd be smarter to try and find the next Frank Reich.

That search for the next McVay lead Cinci to Zac Taylor and Green Bay to Matt LeFleur. Those both seemed to have worked out okay.

• Pie 1