Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

At least they’re blocking someone….


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule has a ready made scapegoat for this stuff, of course. He'll scapegoat Pat Meyer just like he did Joe Brady.

Is Meyer at fault? Probably at least partially, yeah. And maybe a lot.

That shouldn't absolve Rhule though. And it's fair to point out that he's only coaching the players Rhule gave him.

I really don't get the Huddle's obsession with throwing around the word "scapegoating" at everything Rhule does while he's on the hotseat.  Like where do you draw the line between making necessary moves and "scapegoating"? Any objectively good thing he does or will potentially do is met with "look at Rhule trying to save his own ass!!". Like what is the alternative...our team is a dumpster fire and no changes will be made?  I guess Rhule just outright resigning of his own volition is the only acceptable option for some people.

Brady needed to go because he wasn't good.  Meyer hasn't done anything to suggest he's doing a good job, so he probably needs to go.  Rhule can only try to do his job the best he can until he's fired.  He's still the coach of his team and needs to try to make the right personnel decisions (coaching and players) to put the team in the best position moving forward.  Obviously he's done a terrible job at that, but that doesn't change his job description.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

I really don't get the Huddle's obsession with throwing around the word "scapegoating" at everything Rhule does while he's on the hotseat.  Like where do you draw the line between making necessary moves and "scapegoating"? Any objectively good thing he does or will potentially do is met with "look at Rhule trying to save his own ass!!". Like what is the alternative...our team is a dumpster fire and no changes will be made?  I guess Rhule just outright resigning of his own volition is the only acceptable option for some people.

Brady needed to go because he wasn't good.  Meyer hasn't done anything to suggest he's doing a good job, so he probably needs to go.  Rhule can only try to do his job the best he can until he's fired.  He's still the coach of his team and needs to try to make the right personnel decisions (coaching and players) to put the team in the best position moving forward.  Obviously he's done a terrible job at that, but that doesn't change his job description.

Brady wasn't good. He was given a job that he wasn't ready for.

Meyer may or may not be good. It's hard to say because he wasn't exactly given the best players to work with, but it's not a lock that he's a good OL coach.

As far as Rhule though, lemme see him fire one of the guys that he's carried around from Temple to Baylor to here, and then maybe we can talk about him not doing things just for the sake of saving his own ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brady wasn't good. He was given a job that he wasn't ready for.

Meyer may or may not be good. It's hard to say because he wasn't exactly given the best players to work with, but it's not a lock that he's a good OL coach.

As far as Rhule though, lemme see him fire one of the guys that he's carried around from Temple to Baylor to here, and then maybe we can talk about him not doing things just for the sake of saving his own ass.

Yeah I mean I agree that his Temple/Baylor loyalties are pretty egregious and needs to go.  But I just don't agree with its relevance to "scapegoating" or saving his ass.  If he's knowingly keeping incompetent people at impactful positions just because they're his buddies, that seems like the quickest way to ruin the team (and in turn, get fired).  No?  If he's truly trying to save his own ass, then it's in his best interest to get rid of his incompetent people (from Temple, Baylor, or wherever) to get this team on the right track.  I know people think Rhule is an absolute idiot, but surely you don't think he's dumb enough that he doesn't recognize that?  Either he truly thinks his people are the best people for the job, or he's so loyal that he's knowingly keeping them in positions they're unqualified for at the expense of his own job security (i.e. the exact opposite of saving his ass).  The warmth of his seat and the saving of his ass are tied directly to the performance and outlook of the team, nothing else. 

I know the opinion of Tepper in here is also incredibly low, but people treat him like a literal child sometimes.

Rhule: "Hey little Davey, I know the team is an absolute dumpster fire right now and we've lost 47 consecutive games.  But hey ignore that and look over here!!  I just put our 3rd string RB on IR!  So shinyyyyyy. Hey we're all cool now, right?"

That's the type of scenario that's often laid out in here when people imply Rhule is scapegoating when he makes personnel changes or puts players on IR lol.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah I mean I agree that his Temple/Baylor loyalties are pretty egregious and needs to go.  But I just don't agree with its relevance to "scapegoating" or saving his ass.  If he's knowingly keeping incompetent people at impactful positions just because they're his buddies, that seems like the quickest way to ruin the team (and in turn, get fired).  No?  If he's truly trying to save his own ass, then it's in his best interest to get rid of his incompetent people (from Temple, Baylor, or wherever) to get this team on the right track.  I know people think Rhule is an absolute idiot, but surely you don't think he's dumb enough that he doesn't recognize that?  Either he truly thinks his people are the best people for the job, or he's so loyal that he's knowingly keeping them in positions they're unqualified for at the expense of his own job security (i.e. the exact opposite of saving his ass).  The warmth of his seat and the saving of his ass are tied directly to the performance and outlook of the team, nothing else. 

I know the opinion of Tepper in here is also incredibly low, but people treat him like a literal child sometimes.

Rhule: "Hey little Davey, I know the team is an absolute dumpster fire right now and we've lost 47 consecutive games.  But hey ignore that and look over here!!  I just put our 3rd string RB on IR!  So shinyyyyyy. Hey we're all cool now, right?"

That's the type of scenario that's often laid out in here when people imply Rhule is scapegoating when he makes personnel changes or puts players on IR lol.

How dumb I think Rhule is, and in addition how dumb I think Tepper is...well 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

How dumb I think Rhule is, and in addition how dumb I think Tepper is...well 😕

I feel like it ties in to what you were saying when Tepper got hired and people were praising him for how good of a businessman he was and how successful of a company he built.  You said something along the lines of "just cause he knows how to run a business doesn't mean he knows how to run a football team".  Similarly, I think just because Rhule makes dumb coaching decisions and Tepper makes dumb ownership decisions, doesn't mean they lack a very rudimentary level of common sense and basic intelligence that you would expect any functioning adult to possess (outside of cases of actual cognitive disabilities).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I feel like it ties in to what you were saying when Tepper got hired and people were praising him for how good of a businessman he was and how successful of a company he built.  You said something along the lines of "just cause he knows how to run a business doesn't mean he knows how to run a football team".  Similarly, I think just because Rhule makes dumb coaching decisions and Tepper makes dumb ownership decisions, doesn't mean they lack a very rudimentary level of common sense and basic intelligence that you would expect any functioning adult to possess (outside of cases of actual cognitive disabilities).

To be clear, anytime I'm talking about intelligence, it's just about always football intelligence.

You also have to factor in skill sets. I've mentioned before that I've known people with very high level skills in one area and total literacy in another (like a doctor who doesn't know how to turn his computer on).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I really don't get the Huddle's obsession with throwing around the word "scapegoating" at everything Rhule does while he's on the hotseat.  Like where do you draw the line between making necessary moves and "scapegoating"? Any objectively good thing he does or will potentially do is met with "look at Rhule trying to save his own ass!!". Like what is the alternative...our team is a dumpster fire and no changes will be made?  I guess Rhule just outright resigning of his own volition is the only acceptable option for some people.

Brady needed to go because he wasn't good.  Meyer hasn't done anything to suggest he's doing a good job, so he probably needs to go.  Rhule can only try to do his job the best he can until he's fired.  He's still the coach of his team and needs to try to make the right personnel decisions (coaching and players) to put the team in the best position moving forward.  Obviously he's done a terrible job at that, but that doesn't change his job description.

Every single solitary issue Rhule has he caused himself 

All by himself. 

Unfortunately he also cost the fans  and to some level the players who have incentive clauses 

I feel not one bit  of sympathy for him and his $65 million contract.  None 

in top of that  he us quite possibly the smugess  bastard I’ve seen on a football field beside Adam gase

 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Every single solitary issue Rhule has he caused himself 

All by himself. 

Unfortunately he also cost the fans  and to some level the players who have incentive clauses 

I feel not one bit  of sympathy for him and his $65 million contract.  None 

in top of that  he us quite possibly the smugess  bastard I’ve seen on a football field beside Adam gase

 

What does any of that have to do with my post you quoted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...