• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Back -- What It Might Look Like

SetfreexX

2 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

For my sanity no....I'd rather see Cam get the Big Ben fair well, and Ben is even worse off, Cam's arm seems fine, people make too much of it for a guy that is 32 atm. Find a place that will take Sam as a salary dump the way Osweiler was unloaded who was as bad or worse. 

Give fans a reason to watch / and give the team aka the other 52 hope each and every game for a win with a real Quarterback. Cam, and an upgraded, and I mean legitimately upgraded OL and I think we can get in as a 6th / 7th seed. 

People forget he helped a Covid-Opt-Out depleted NE roster get to 7-8; I am fine with 1-2 years of Cam if needed. No other vet, or young failed project is worth that spot. We need to draft a rookie, and the QB depth looks to be stronger overall in 23' and our roster has too many holes to take a young QB as a luxury.

Maybe free agency changes my mind, but I'd still like more picks to fill out the OL with talent at a much moe affordable price.  

The Big Ben farewell is a pipe dream. This isn't the Steelers roster. You can't in one breath say you don't want to subject a rookie to this oline and in another advocate for soon to be 33 year old Cam Newton to endure it for the sake of some kind of farewell tour. Even if he was anywhere near the same as a passer that story isn't going to end the way you want and it isn't fair to him or his legacy. I'm getting a sense you are moreso against a rookie QB soon bc you are still attached to Cam. I get that I've been there. I let go many months ago though. Bringing him back returned some nostalgia and was very emotional but we haven't seen dominant Cam since the first half of 2018.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I shudder to think what trading back will look like, TBH.

I don't. I know what Fitterer can do. I also know what Rhule can do. As far as drafting I'm not worried about that. it's the coaching and what is put on the field that worries me. 

Its like Rhule is the Chef and Fitt is the guy that gets the ingredients. Fitt is getting you your items, but you keep putting out poo, that's on the Chef. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

All the guys we got via trade backs had pedigree -

TMJ was viewed as a 1st rounder, but medicals dropped him -- We failed to find him a role

Brady Christensen was one of the top rated LT's in college, age, and measurables dropped him -- when he FINALLY got to play his natural position, would you believe he actually looked good at LT

Tremble can block, can run, and catch -- Under Brady we didn't really feature the TE in 2020, and we didn't in 2021 either, though Tremble had plenty of flashes

Deonte Brown was a stalwart for ALA -- On our roster with UDFA Mike Jordan and Turnstile 2.0 Miller, we can't even get him on the field?

I think more than anything the staff / coaching decisions need to come under more scrutiny. Those 11 picks aside from the LS (Rhule) set us up nicely to move forward with less issues. 

Our OL could have been something similar to the following to start the season;

Christensen / Elflein / Paradis / Brown / Moton

With the only real weakness being Elf, as he's been better at his natural spot ''C'' as well. 

Instead we trot out;

Erving / Jordan / Paradis / Miller / Moton

Three of those spots we knew day 1, day freaking 1 those dudes were trash with no room to get better.

----------------------------------------------------

Similar to Ron, and moving on from vets, in year 2 I developed those same concerns about Rhule.   

I just generally disagree.

23 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't. I know what Fitterer can do. I also know what Rhule can do. As far as drafting I'm not worried about that. it's the coaching and what is put on the field that worries me. 

Its like Rhule is the Chef and Fitt is the guy that gets the ingredients. Fitt is getting you your items, but you keep putting out poo, that's on the Chef. 

I mean....what can they do? It's not exactly a murders row of great draft picks.

8 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Trade pick 6

Get pick 15, 3rd, 6th, 2023 1st

Trade 15

Get 20, 2nd, 4th

Something along this scenario would be great to recoup and add a couple more for 2022. Then we roll into 2023 with 2 1st giving us ammo to go after one of those 2023 QB's

Linderbaum being a center us probably there at 20

Or Trevor Penning

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....what can they do? It's not exactly a murders row of great draft picks.

Unfortunately this team needs a QB. So they are in that 'thirsty' category. What needs to be done is just go ahead and spend capital on that O-line. Unless a sure fire Franchise QB is available, you build  that line up until you find one.

If there's a team willing to trade up and we get picks like Miami, well you take that in a heart beat and BPA. I rather put someone else under QB than give up another 2nd or worst, a 1st for a QB that's not going to cut it. They need to spend what they got on that Line. Or acquire draft capital. 

10 hours ago, CRA said:

I have zero interest in watching our GM trade down all of the 2022 draft simply because he traded away our 22 draft picks. 

I could see him trying to trade this year's first and the 2023 and 2024 first rounders for Watson, address the OL in free agency, and we basically draft on day 3 this April.  I hope not--but I would not be surprised

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Unfortunately this team needs a QB. So they are in that 'thirsty' category. What needs to be done is just go ahead and spend capital on that O-line. Unless a sure fire Franchise QB is available, you build  that line up until you find one.

If there's a team willing to trade up and we get picks like Miami, well you take that in a heart beat and BPA. I rather put someone else under QB than give up another 2nd or worst, a 1st for a QB that's not going to cut it. They need to spend what they got on that Line. Or acquire draft capital. 

No, I mean their past draft picks. 2020-2021 drafts. I think we perhaps have a rosier view of them than outside sources would. And some of that may just be lack of development.