• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade out of 6 or trade away a player instead?

Reebis21

If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?

• Player on roster (Explain who you plan to trade)

There is so much talk about our lack of draft picks this year. When this gets brought up, it almost defaults to a debate of whether to stay pat at #6 overall or if you are willing to move back.

For those wanting to pick up a 2nd and/or 3rd, is moving off of #6 your top choice? Or would you be willing to realistically move a player on this roster to acquire that pick.

I for one think it’s a no brainer to sell DJ Moore to the highest bidder this offseason as I do not want to give him the contract he’s most likely seeking given our current state of affairs. I also do not want to move from #6. I think DJ could definitely net us a 2nd and 3rd.

Kind of curious why discussions like this aren’t being discussed more and wanted to get your thoughts.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

Package CMC and Robby for a 2nd and a 3rd. Gets rid of their contracts and gets us our middle round picks back bada bing bada boom. Now, to find someone willing to take on their contracts...

So with the hurdle of finding a team that actually can and is willing to take on these contracts, do u find this realistic?

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’d prefer to draft the best lineman possible at 6 and keep Moore. 

you actually can trade coaches.  I’d prefer that route.  Raiders sent Gruden to Tampa for 2 firsts.

So, I propose we offer up Matt Rhule for a 7th, a 12 pack of White Claws and couple scratch offs. 

We could trade Rhule for a conditional parking attendant.  

• Pie 1

You can't trade either, 

CMC - Has a 26M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would create -12M in cap space

Robbie - Has a 15.6M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would only save 1M

People need to do some research before things like this are proposed, Teddy was moved because the coaches thought they could replace him with Darnold, and still had to eat a considerable amount of dead cap. 

You can't operate / waste cap that way two off-seasons in a row, especially if there are talks of trying to figure something out with Sam...

Could you trade DJ Moore, yes but he's on a 5th year option, and a team may not be willing to pay a premium price for a receiver on a one year deal, and likely looking for premium compensation. You also don't get better trading away your best players, imagine where the passing game would be in his absence in this past season.

I would not consider this team with a competent staff in ''burn it all down'' mode. Use the 6th to acquire more picks, and solidify the roster as a whole. IMO find a way to move Sam if a team agrees to take on some of the guaranteed salary and keep Cam as he'd perform the better of the two with a competent OL. If you can't find a partner for Sam, we are forced due to his 18M guaranteed to likely ride it out with him for 22' and Cam is released...again.

In 23' we should be in a better position roster wise to move up for a QB where the talent is expected to be higher. 

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

You can't trade either, 

CMC - Has a 26M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would create -12M in cap space

Robbie - Has a 15.6M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would only save 1M

People need to do some research before things like this are proposed, Teddy was moved because the coaches thought they could replace him with Darnold, and still had to eat a considerable amount of dead cap. 

You can't operate / waste cap that way two off-seasons in a row, especially if there are talks of trying to figure something out with Sam...

Could you trade DJ Moore, yes but he's on a 5th year option, and a team may not be willing to pay a premium price for a receiver on a one year deal, and likely looking for premium compensation. You also don't get better trading away your best players, imagine where the passing game would be in his absence in this past season.

I would not consider this team with a competent staff in ''burn it all down'' mode. Use the 6th to acquire more picks, and solidify the roster as a whole. IMO find a way to move Sam if a team agrees to take on some of the guaranteed salary and keep Cam as he'd perform the better of the two with a competent OL. If you can't find a partner for Sam, we are forced due to his 18M guaranteed to likely ride it out with him for 22' and Cam is released...again.

In 23' we should be in a better position roster wise to move up for a QB where the talent is expected to be higher. 

That Robby Anderson deal IMO is up there with some of the worst Hurney ever made 

• Pie 3

We had a wasteland at wide receiver for years. We have one of the worst offenses in the league. We have invested significantly in the defense and they have disappointed tremendously in the second half of the season. If we are keen on shipping off a talented player we need to get something for one of these young defenders who will be due big contracts.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1