• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade out of 6 or trade away a player instead?

Reebis21

If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?

• Player on roster (Explain who you plan to trade)

50 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Could you trade DJ Moore, yes but he's on a 5th year option, and a team may not be willing to pay a premium price for a receiver on a one year deal, and likely looking for premium compensation. You also don't get better trading away your best players, imagine where the passing game would be in his absence in this past season.

It’s funny cuz I got roasted in the offseason for mentioning trading DJ for a 1st as I likened it to a Diggs to Buffalo kind of trade.  I was told we’d be crazy to do this. And I’m not saying it was u at all who said that. But we should definitely be able to get a 2nd and 3rd. For me, DJ is not some difference maker. I think he’s talented for sure but I’d easily reallocate the money that would be spent on his new contract and put it to better use. I also do think you can trade away a player like him because we aren’t a few players away from being a contender. Sacrifices will need to be made for the betterment of our long term success. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Reebis21 said:

It’s funny cuz I got roasted in the offseason for mentioning trading DJ for a 1st as I likened it to a Diggs to Buffalo kind of trade.  I was told we’d be crazy to do this. And I’m not saying it was u at all who said that. But we should definitely be able to get a 2nd and 3rd. For me, DJ is not some difference maker. I think he’s talented for sure but I’d easily reallocate the money that would be spent on his new contract and put it to better use. I also do think you can trade away a player like him because we aren’t a few players away from being a contender. Sacrifices will need to be made for the betterment of our long term success. 

If you can get a first or a couple of 2nds then do it.  But nobody is going to give you that much

• Beer 1

In my opinion both are solid options and it should not be viewed as one or the other..

Players trades:  Two big names to trade would be CMC and Anderson.  If we can get 2nd/3rdish and wash away those contracts it would be good to clean that up.  

Free Agency:   I wouldn't bet on FA for starting OL guys but if you could get a solid G who is a huge step above Eflien and Erving you do it.   If you have one of those slots filled things will not be as dire as they are now. Also don't know what Deonte Brown can do.  If Brown can make an impact you have more flexibility.  I don't think he goes from sitting out an entire season to being the starter next year.  So I think best case scenario is you have a guy you can rotate in that isn't a turnstile. 

Draft Trade Down:  I think you have to see how the board shakes out and what happens in free agency.  Right now I think you have to go with either the best LT you can get at 6 or trade down and snag an interior lineman in the 1st.  If we can trade down and acquire more picks in the process it would be ideal so long as we address the OL early with guys that are ready to play.

Now watch Rhule burn 2023 draft capital and trade up 2 spots for Pickett...

don't trade any players this season. Be prepared to know it'll be another 4-6 win season and hope for CJ Stroud or Bryce Young next year.

Trade down #6 then take the best OL available. 

would actually like to use the gained pick for a possession WR or receiving TE so can move Robby next offseason and also insurance if Moore can't be retained.

This isnt going to be a 1 year rebuild and we should be prepared.

2 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

You can't trade either, 

CMC - Has a 26M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would create -12M in cap space

Robbie - Has a 15.6M DEAD cap hit for 22' and would only save 1M

People need to do some research before things like this are proposed, Teddy was moved because the coaches thought they could replace him with Darnold, and still had to eat a considerable amount of dead cap. 

You can't operate / waste cap that way two off-seasons in a row, especially if there are talks of trying to figure something out with Sam...

Could you trade DJ Moore, yes but he's on a 5th year option, and a team may not be willing to pay a premium price for a receiver on a one year deal, and likely looking for premium compensation. You also don't get better trading away your best players, imagine where the passing game would be in his absence in this past season.

I would not consider this team with a competent staff in ''burn it all down'' mode. Use the 6th to acquire more picks, and solidify the roster as a whole. IMO find a way to move Sam if a team agrees to take on some of the guaranteed salary and keep Cam as he'd perform the better of the two with a competent OL. If you can't find a partner for Sam, we are forced due to his 18M guaranteed to likely ride it out with him for 22' and Cam is released...again.

In 23' we should be in a better position roster wise to move up for a QB where the talent is expected to be higher. 

Turn off the cap. Boom, free money!

• Beer 1