• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade out of 6 or trade away a player instead?

Reebis21

If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If we wanted to acquire more pics, would you rather sacrifice #6 overall or a player on the roster?

• Player on roster (Explain who you plan to trade)

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

If you trade down - you better not screw up. Rhule has already screwed up taking Brown over Jedrick Wills/Tristan Wirfs & taking Horn over Slater/Parsons is looking really bad to start.

If Rhule has personnel say - then it won't matter if they stay or trade down. He has already proven he doesn't know squat evaluating OL play or offense in general. 

I'd prefer to stay and just take the best damn LT on the board. Don't settle for the second tier of talent.

How do you miss on parsons?   Dude may be dpoy as a damn rookie

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I would try to trade CMC if (and it's a big if) we could get decent value for him.  It frees up a lot of money and  I would hope we could maybe get a 2nd and maybe a 4th for him....may be more like a 3rd and 4th due to the last two years and his contract.  If CMC goes somewhere else and balls out then I absolutely know he packed it in due to our O-line situation....he is trying to extend his career and doesn't want to be ran into the ground by this coaching staff and pathetic situation.

How many times does it need to be posted that its an impossibility for him to be traded?

• Pie 1

On 1/5/2022 at 8:44 AM, CRA said:

I’d prefer to draft the best lineman possible at 6 and keep Moore. 

you actually can trade coaches.  I’d prefer that route.  Raiders sent Gruden to Tampa for 2 firsts.

So, I propose we offer up Matt Rhule for a 7th, a 12 pack of White Claws and couple scratch offs. 

Lmao

I know you guys love the idea of trading down, but this draft doesn't have the elite talent at the top. That means teams will call us with offers that don't match our points. They will make offers where we lose points for their gain. How do I know? They did the same thing in the 2020 draft to the point where Fitt told his underlings to stop answering calls unless they were equal points. Then the calls stopped and we were stuck. Same thing will happen this time around because the superstars are not there. We're picking at 6 and the guy is not going to be some mega stud. Sorry. We blew it last season beating Washington. Thanks Rhule. Now we have to watch Sam next season, or scramble for another scrub.  

Edited by pantherj

8 hours ago, pantherj said:

Sorry. We blew it last season beating Washington.

And it still blows my mind people will argue that we are stupid to want Tampa to win this week. In every year we r out of contention, so many self righteous fans will act like we aren’t panthers fans because we are rooting for a better draft pick at the end of the year. Blows my mind.

57 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

And it still blows my mind people will argue that we are stupid to want Tampa to win this week. In every year we r out of contention, so many self righteous fans will act like we aren’t panthers fans because we are rooting for a better draft pick at the end of the year. Blows my mind.

I want the Panthers to start losing the instant we are eliminated from the playoffs. The Washington win was our most idiotic ever. Rhule was asked before the game if they should tank and he said he wanted to teach the players how to win in December, and that was more important than draft position. Welp YOU DIDN'T TEACH THEM POOP RHULE!

• Beer 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, FugginPoo said:

Repeat after me:  CMC has zero trade value….

We would be so much better off if we had just let him walk. There were so many fanboys rejoicing and shouting down any skepticism after that signing now look at this place. We always have to learn the hard way I swear.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

We would be so much better off if we had just let him walk. There were so many fanboys rejoicing and shouting down any skepticism after that signing now look at this place. We always have to learn the hard way I swear.

Signing him to that extension needlessly was the first move where a major red flag about this owner and front office came up.  That was the beginning of the end

• Pie 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, travisura said:

Package CMC and Robby for a 2nd and a 3rd. Gets rid of their contracts and gets us our middle round picks back bada bing bada boom. Now, to find someone willing to take on their contracts...

Almost any team would take CMC at this point. They are probably chalking his injury ridden seasons to inept coaching and training. Robby however… he ain’t going nowhere unless we give up picks. 

14 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Almost any team would take CMC at this point. They are probably chalking his injury ridden seasons to inept coaching and training. Robby however… he ain’t going nowhere unless we give up picks. 

Jesus fuging Christ people.  Due to their contracts there is literally no way we can trade either.  Why are you guys making this so hard?  They literally cannot be traded due to the cap hit.