• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Just doing a little research on Pickett.  His entire line were redshirt seniors.  That has to play a factor in his season.  If I had the time I might do a deep dive but this is what I found on the surface

Dude was in the same offense for so long him having a glow up season isn't surprising..

I just have a problem with the fact dude is jumping from Undrafted FA to "we should get him in the top 10 of the draft" in a year..

Ppl keep bringing up Burrows without context... Burrows was a transfer from O state that got his opportunity later in his college career.. Pickett has been the man since he got to Pitt and just sucked for 4 years..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Dude was in the same offense for so long him having a glow up season isn't surprising..

I just have a problem with the fact dude is jumping from Undrafted FA to "we should get him in the top 10 of the draft" in a year..

Ppl keep bringing up Burrows without context... Burrows was a transfer from O state that got his opportunity later in his college career.. Pickett has been the man since he got to Pitt and just sucked for 4 years..

Lmao do some research on Joe Burrow

54 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And you're right Wison was a 1 year wonder.. 

If it wasn't for the outrageous arm talent and athleticism and age .. I would look at him like Pickett..

Yes for sure. Wilsons one year wonder was a glimpse into potential because he was still pretty young... Pickett's feels like a college culmination... Which is much less enticing in a pro prospect to me imo.

I don't hate Pickett but I'm just so much more interested in other prospects.

• Flames 1

It's also worth noting that altho I agree Burrows shows how a QB can have a meteoric rise and be worth if after a one year wonder season... Burrows season was insane. It wasn't just a really great college season like Pickett. He had one of the most impressive college seasons of all time lol. 65 total TDs, 5.7k passing yards (>6k total), and 6 ints. Insanely productive...

Edited by mav1234
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It's also worth noting that altho I agree Burrows shows how a QB can have a meteoric rise and be worth if after a one year wonder season... Burrows season was insane. It wasn't just a really great college season like Pickett. He had one of the most impressive college seasons of all time lol. 65 total TDs, 5.7k passing yards (>6k total), and 6 ints. Insanely productive...

He was also on one of the more loaded college offenses of all time.  That helps those numbers you reference just a little.  How many receivers from that team are now playing in the NFL?  Two first round picks and a second.  Several offensive linemen and tight ends.  They had almost an NFL level offense going up against College players. 

Meanwhile, there is a pretty decent chance that not a single Pitt receiver will be in the league.  Their tight end might.  But its a given that Pickett had a lot less talent around him.  Imagine how good Pickett would look with that level of talent around him?   

• Beer 1

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Aaron Rodgers is playing behind an offensive line with 4 backups and a rookie. He's missing his #1 slot WR and the 2020 TD leader at TE. He is also playing on a broken toe. If he is not your clear MVP right now than you're simply just a hater. 12 22:37-1/2/22-TwitterforAndroid 22:37 1/2/22 Twitter for Android'

...this is why QB and scheme are so important...pretty sure Garoppolo is going to be able to hang with our oline when he gets here.. if we don't get ride of these baylor/temple hacks in coaching and players...we'll never have a chance...

Edited by Pimpdaddy

41 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He was also on one of the more loaded college offenses of all time.  That helps those numbers you reference just a little.  How many receivers from that team are now playing in the NFL?  Two first round picks and a second.  Several offensive linemen and tight ends.  They had almost an NFL level offense going up against College players. 

Meanwhile, there is a pretty decent chance that not a single Pitt receiver will be in the league.  Their tight end might.  But its a given that Pickett had a lot less talent around him.  Imagine how good Pickett would look with that level of talent around him?   

Addison is going to have a chance to show what he can do in the NFL for sure.

As to Pickett... Impossible to say, because he didn't have it.  We also have to consider the caliber of opponents too. Burrows detonated Georgia and Clemson and probably had one of the best games against a Saban defense in a long time...

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Addison is going to have a chance to show what he can do in the NFL for sure.

As to Pickett... Impossible to say, because he didn't have it.  We also have to consider the caliber of opponents too. Burrows detonated Georgia and Clemson and probably had one of the best games against a Saban defense in a long time...

True.

Which is a big reason it is so hard to determine how well a college player, especially a qb, will do in the NFL, where the talent is more equally distributed.  Which is also why I won't mind if we take Pickett.  He might not be good, or he might be the next Drew Brees.

Of course, we have been relatively lucky the two times we picked a qb in the first.  Kerry Collins was a adequate qb, (although not a good person).  And Cam was very good.  Lets hope our next first round pick nets similar results, but the next guy is able to stick around a little longer.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

True.

Which is a big reason it is so hard to determine how well a college player, especially a qb, will do in the NFL, where the talent is more equally distributed.  Which is also why I won't mind if we take Pickett.  He might not be good, or he might be the next Drew Brees.

Of course, we have been relatively lucky the two times we picked a qb in the first.  Kerry Collins was a adequate qb, (although not a good person).  And Cam was very good.  Lets hope our next first round pick nets similar results, but the next guy is able to stick around a little longer.  

To be truthful, if we have a new staff I'm okay with Pickett.

I just... I don't trust Rhule with ANY young player, let alone a QB.  

On 1/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, WOW!! said:

Joe Burrow is a 1 year wonder  1 year older than Sam Darnold.. It took him 5 years to have that 1 good year.

This would be a horrible pick for us for many reasons.. Beyond the major red flags of hes older his arm isn't elite, he is a okay athlete and it took him 5 years to be a draft worthy prospect..

Hmm 

Kenny Pickett is a 1st rounder in any draft. Strongly dislike this entire argument. The tape always tells the story.

29 minutes ago, Verge said:

Hmm 

Kenny Pickett is a 1st rounder in any draft. Strongly dislike this entire argument. The tape always tells the story.

Usually agree with you but not this time...

Until this year tape  any other years tape says don't touch until the 6th round.. And when those hand measurement come out he will drop in this draft...

Edited by WOW!!