• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

18 hours ago, WOW!! said:

We sometimes agree so look at this and give me your breakdown..

Of course this isn't all 22 film..

Who is making more NFL throws in your opinion??

The more I watch of Carson Strong, the more he seems like the real deal.  But he's also a 1 year wonder like Pitts so caveat emptor.  

2 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

The more I watch of Carson Strong, the more he seems like the real deal.  But he's also a 1 year wonder like Pitts so caveat emptor.  

How is Carson Strong a one year wonder? He had basically the same season his last TWO years? And has been a first round consideration since before this season?

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How is Carson Strong a one year wonder? He had basically the same season his last TWO years? And has been a first round consideration since before this season?

Yeah Strong has been solid for a minute now. His knee and mobility combined with lower competition would be the concerns I would have. If we could manage to somehow get a 2nd rounder and get him there with OL in the 1st I’ll be happy. 

There is no way to build the O-line through free agency.  The only way is the draft.  We would be foolhardy to spend our 1st rounder on a QB or any other position other than O-line.  We MUST trade down.  I'm hoping Philly will be willing to give up pick 14 and 21 for our 6th (they currently hold 14, 19 and 21).

Edited by panfanman
Spelling
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Watched the tape I can on Pickett and the guy does have mobility and a decent arm.  I don’t see a top 10 pick though.  I do not like he will be 24 before next season and the fact that he didn’t do really much of anything before this season.  Also, level of comp in the ACC is very suspect.  Matt Corral IMO will be the first QB picked but he is also a huge gamble.  If Sam Howell drops to round 2 he will be a steal.  Howell is a guy I have seen many times and he is constantly good.  Not great but good.  Will be amazingly interesting to see if he can improve or if he has hit his ceiling 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 12:34 PM, Daddy_Uncle said:

If we ignore olinemen again, I'm done. We will be in a great position to get a stud to help build the oline around. It doesn't matter who our QB is until our Oline is built up. If they/you haven't figured that out yet, then idk what you've been watching the last near decade

I just can't get with that reasoning. If you feel you see a future franchise QB, you've got to take him. Joe Burrow's line is pure tee sh¡t, but the Bengals reached the division championship. They skipped Sewell in favor of what looks like simply a beast of a receiver too. You just can't skip franchise QBs because your O-line isn't up to par. You set yourself up the best that you can in free agency.

And, no, I'm not saying Howell is that guy, but if you think he is, or anyone, then you must jump!

2 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

Fix the OL. I know it's not a sexy as picking a QB but it's like buying new rims when your tires are bald in this situation.

calling the most important position in sports sexy or a luxury or whatever stupid car cliche you broke out is peak dissonance with what football fans around the league watch game in and game out

heres a dirty little secret you’ll have to accept

games aren’t won in the trenches

controlling the TOP isn’t a key to victory 

defense doesn’t travel and cold weather football doesn’t show how the game hasn’t changed in January 

the game has changed, the teams that have accepted it are still playing, the ones that are still trying to prove “it should be done a certain way” are getting turned down by special teams coordinators

1 hour ago, Growl said:

calling the most important position in sports sexy or a luxury or whatever stupid car cliche you broke out is peak dissonance with what football fans around the league watch game in and game out

heres a dirty little secret you’ll have to accept

games aren’t won in the trenches

controlling the TOP isn’t a key to victory 

defense doesn’t travel and cold weather football doesn’t show how the game hasn’t changed in January 

the game has changed, the teams that have accepted it are still playing, the ones that are still trying to prove “it should be done a certain way” are getting turned down by special teams coordinators

I'm not saying QB isn't important. What I am saying is we haven't made a significant investment in the OL in years. Your very important QB needs to have time to throw. If you think Pickett is a franchise QB worthy of putting off improving the OL for another year, you're delusional.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, Toomers said:

Sophomore season..

27 tds 4ints..

And look at the passes.. I know it's a highlight video but there's alot of difficult passes he makes look easy as a sophomore..

24 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I'm not saying QB isn't important. What I am saying is we haven't made a significant investment in the OL in years. 

What does this mean? Who cares? This isn’t how the draft works. It’s not the panthers job to assess how long it’s been since they “made an investment,” is their job to assess value relative to need, cost, and opportunity. When you realize that, it becomes difficult to argue the point unless you’re saying the QB position isn’t important and breaking out dumb car analogies to do it.

2 hours ago, Growl said:

What does this mean? Who cares? This isn’t how the draft works. It’s not the panthers job to assess how long it’s been since they “made an investment,” is their job to assess value relative to need, cost, and opportunity. When you realize that, it becomes difficult to argue the point unless you’re saying the QB position isn’t important and breaking out dumb car analogies to do it.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

• Poo 1

IMO there is no QB in this draft that we should consider at #6. The #6 pick should be the OT (Neal or the NC State Kid). Trade back if they are not available or pick the next best OL prospect. Trading back will be hard because of the fact no one else wants to move up for a QB. I am hoping one or two of the QB prospects kill their prodays and the combine and maybe peak someone's interest enough to want our pick...but again the teams around us on the draft board will make that trade difficult.

• Pie 1