• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett at 5/6

davos

I was happy taking Pickett at 6, but this hand stuff does have me very concerned. If it was just on the cusp of what's "acceptable" or "the norm" for NFL QBs, I wouldn't sweat it....just like Slater's measurables didn't concern me. These measurements coming out are real poor. 

No way this staff can say what they have about Slater and Christensen, and turn around and take a potentially all-time smallest-handed QB. Just looked up Pickett's fumbles, and he had 19 in 3 years.

This article puts it in full perspective - https://www.profootballnetwork.com/is-kenny-pickett-qb1-in-the-2022-nfl-draft/2/ 

Not an end-all-be-all because he has succeeded in college. However, his hand size is in the 99% of smallest ever measured and could be a full inch smaller than Burrow/Mahomes at 9" and 9.25". Add in that the NFL ball size is slightly larger than college and it could be a real serious issue.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Patsinger said:

People ripped the pick of Josh Allen and Mahomes.  One hit wonder, product of the system, etc.  We must use that pick on a QB or it will be another long season.

Big difference.. Both Younger and it's a quantum leap when comparing arm talent to Pickett..

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Big difference.. Both Younger and it's a quantum leap when comparing arm talent to Pickett..

Yeah, a 4 year starter/5th year senior season for Pickett is way different than Mahomes and Allen balling out in their Junior/Senior years . Pickett was going to enter last years draft until he realized he was probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

Just now, Patsinger said:

People ripped the pick of Josh Allen and Mahomes.  One hit wonder, product of the system, etc.  We must use that pick on a QB or it will be another long season.

I wouldn't say Pickett is Allen or Mahomes.  There is no Allen or Mahomes in this draft.  But Pickett looks like a starter which is more than we have now.