• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Media Love affair with Rhule

ncfan

It's funny that these guys in one breath think that we need to see another dogshit season from Rhule/Darnold even though neither one of them have accomplished anything of note, yet they think it's 100% that the Vikings have to move on from Mike Zimmer/Kirk Cousins. Not that I disagree that Zimmer/Cousins have run their course like Rivera did here, but what have you seen from either of these two that scream out "Super Bowl contender in next 2-3 years"?

56 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Kyle Bailey, Mac, and others at that station are weirded out by Ian’s obvious jockeying for Rhule and saying it’s ok to lose games etc.  Its like he was fed that by someone in the organization high up.   I wouldn’t put it past tepper putting national media types on his payroll. 

I believe it. I never thought I would, but I never thought an NFL team could be as bad as the Panthers are. They're not only bad, they're unlikable, they have no identity or character, they have absolutely no future other than that of winless seasons and abject failure, and their owner is as likable as Charlie Manson

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I believe it. I never thought I would, but I never thought an NFL team could be as bad as the Panthers are. They're not only bad, they're unlikable, they have no identity or character, they have absolutely no future other than that of winless seasons and abject failure, and their owner is as likable as Charlie Manson

People liked Charlie.

21 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

It's funny that these guys in one breath think that we need to see another dogshit season from Rhule/Darnold even though neither one of them have accomplished anything of note, yet they think it's 100% that the Vikings have to move on from Mike Zimmer/Kirk Cousins. Not that I disagree that Zimmer/Cousins have run their course like Rivera did here, but what have you seen from either of these two that scream out "Super Bowl contender in next 2-3 years"?

poo, i'd be down with replacing Rhule and Darnold with Zimmer and Cousins here. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I don't know what stats they were looking at... imo this isn't like the Rivera era where the team was playing well but we all could see the blunders he'd make coaching-wise.  This is like... a total dumpster fire. 

Dunno why people defend him at all.

well, remember - we just don't see it. 1000%

🤮

• Pie 1

The media isn’t invested in the panthers’ success

the panthers are right where they’re supposed to be right now-in they’re place.

if the panthers make the playoffs, it’s one less team like the cowboys or falcons who do.

the only purpose the panthers serve is as a narrative charity for people and storylines the press wants to be a thing, case in point Sam darnold.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Growl said:

The media isn’t invested in the panthers’ success

the panthers are right where they’re supposed to be right now-in they’re place.

if the panthers make the playoffs, it’s one less team like the cowboys or falcons who do.

the only purpose the panthers serve is as a narrative charity for people and storylines the press wants to be a thing, case in point Sam darnold.

Exactly and our dumba*** front office dives right in to the BS and goes right along with it..... Sad.

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

What’s the deal with it?

Sunday seemed like a Rhule Ad during the game by the Broadcasting crew.

Ian Rapaport was on WFNZ this morning.  And quite honestly was a douche to the guys on the Mac Attack because they criticized Rhule.  Rapaport strongly defended Rhule, again pointing to his time at Baylor. Saying things like “He most certainly deserves a 3rd year.”

also apparently Rhule is a much better NFL HC than Jim Harbaugh.  
Rapaport then went on to defend Sam Darnold and his play this season prior to the injury.

Does Tepper have some of the National Media on his payroll.  Because this is bizarre.  Never have I seen a HC in any sport suck the way he has so favor get the amount of love as if he is a playoff caliber Coach.

GIF: Reporter gives fan an 'Eye Five' in the build-up to the Superbowl |  JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I get the whole fire Rhule thing and I right along with it. I dont care for how he handled cam and the Oline situation. the constant throwing away time outs. The bring back Sam thing and more importantly using Brady as a scape goat when the offense has been worse without him. But take away that most people thought the defense was progressing in the right direction. Expectations for this season were to go  500 and he didnt meet them so he is trending down. However if you give a guy a 7 year contract I want at the least you to serve out have my investment into which is the thinking I think Tepper has got to be thinking.

This Year was a disaster... But I would be an even bigger fool if I gave this guy a 7 year deal and he ran off with a bag after only serving 2 years and being paid again when he goes back to college. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, CMAC22 said:

the national sports media at espn and nfl network that i could remember loved Ron in Carolina and never talked about his weaknesses and flawa as a head coach!

Ron is a respected NFL guy and good dude.   

57 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I get the whole fire Rhule thing and I right along with it. I dont care for how he handled cam and the Oline situation. the constant throwing away time outs. The bring back Sam thing and more importantly using Brady as a scape goat when the offense has been worse without him. But take away that most people thought the defense was progressing in the right direction. Expectations for this season were to go  500 and he didnt meet them so he is trending down. However if you give a guy a 7 year contract I want at the least you to serve out have my investment into which is the thinking I think Tepper has got to be thinking.

This Year was a disaster... But I would be an even bigger fool if I gave this guy a 7 year deal and he ran off with a bag after only serving 2 years and being paid again when he goes back to college. 

Offset clause.  Unless Rhule retires for 5 years….you aren’t actually paying him all that money and he ain’t running off with it. 

you just pay the difference in salary.