• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark horse for 1st round pick

mickeye76

A safety has not been taken in top 5 since Sean Taylor.   Taylor was a unicorn.  A rare athlete and football player.  But there is a player in upcoming draft comparable.  

Kyle Hamilton is that guy.  6'4" 220lbs of lightning.  I know positional value etc.  Really though can you imagine a secondary with a resigned Gilmore, a healthy Horn, Chinn and Hamilton prowling the center? 

Just saying.  Believe it or not this could be a option if... We can find a guard and or center in FA.   I prefer to either trade down and load up on BPA at positions of need,     ( MLB, FS, OL and of course QB) or take either Ikem, Cross or Linderbaum and save QB till next year.  Kyle Hamilton is a dark horse for that pick though.  Someone no one is talking bout as a option so... 

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It wouldn't shock me. Even though I've been pounding the FA drum for years, Amy pick we make in the 1st that isn't a QB or OL is a fuging idiotic pick.

QB class is terrible.

6 is too high for a QB.

QB won't help in year one.

BC is developing nicely at LT.

Too early for an IOL.

You don't pass on an elite talent in the top-10 to chase need.

I can hear all of the excuses now. 

I totally expect a pick none of us are expecting.  This place will implode. 

Maybe a safety isn't bad, it could be a corner. 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, stirs said:

Trade back

A big hitting safety, with todays rules, don't have the impact they used to in my opinion.

True.  If he was only a big hitting safety.  For his size he is a playmaker on the ball.  Him and Chinn would a fearsome duo.  

11 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Sorry, but Brady is not a long term answer at LT.

Probably not, most are not.  But you have seen a few games and he was decent--while it takes rookies a while to develop.  Pretty premature assessment, if you ask me.

We tend to throw away players if they do not make that big splash.  A third rounder who has been practicing at G is moved to LT and does fairly well.  You are ready to move on after what, three/four games? 

Our glaring weakness is the IOL. Do you think BC is a G?  If so, what is that decision based on? 

Not challenging your opinion (even though this was not stated as such), but I want to know what you have heard/see that impacts your opinions.  In my mind, there is reason to be cautiously optimistic about BC at T.

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Probably not, most are not.  But you have seen a few games and he was decent--while it takes rookies a while to develop.  Pretty premature assessment, if you ask me.

We tend to throw away players if they do not make that big splash.  A third rounder who has been practicing at G is moved to LT and does fairly well.  You are ready to move on after what, three/four games? 

Our glaring weakness is the IOL. Do you think BC is a G?  If so, what is that decision based on? 

Not challenging your opinion (even though this was not stated as such), but I want to know what you have heard/see that impacts your opinions.  In my mind, there is reason to be cautiously optimistic about BC at T.

He was a 3rd rounder for a reason. He probably is a G. There are 3 top LT in the draft, though I think one is really a RT. They are top 10 for a reason. When you see how he graded out in his starts, it was mediocre at best. Go get an immediate starter and difference maker