• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At least J. Person went out with a bang --- NY Times buys The Athletic --- "...turn out the lights, the party's over..."

SizzleBuzz

32 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I was gonna say, "Idiocracy" isn't a funny movie. It's a reflection of modern times.

Pretty much, just the early stages of it. Full on in another 3 or 4 generations it looks like. Just add tiktok and a ton more racism.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Under Times ownership, The Athletic will be operated separately from The Times’s newsroom and its sports section, the company said.  

When asked about potential layoffs at The Athletic, she said, “at this point, that’s not our plan.”

I've been part of two companies that were acquired. This kind of thing is what the acquiring company ALWAYS says. In my experience it's proved be either an outright lie or a "well, that's what we wanted but things have changed and now we're fully integrating [previous company] into [new owner], oh, and BU-BYE."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Tikthot's servers need to be carpet-bombed for the good of all humanity.

Just when you though Utube was the bottom, tiktok shows how much dumber it all can get.

If I have to see another idiot in their auto telling me how they would fix their world on a kindergarten level education lord have mercy

21 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Never understood why someone would pay just to read another person's opinions. But hey, you do you. The demon known as Twitter is free and gives 99% of this place up-to-the-second news anyway.

You think Twitter features more accurate reporting than in-depth reports in news, and that those in-depth reports are opinion? Sounds like the problem lies with you

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Just when you though Utube was the bottom, tiktok shows how much dumber it all can get.

If I have to see another idiot in their auto telling me how they would fix their world on a kindergarten level education lord have mercy

The better question is why are you clicking on and then watching that kind of mess in the first place?🤔

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

News media is dying.  Let it die.  It’s all lies and half truths to push a narrative.  Good riddance.

Praise be to Regan and Rupert Murdoch for ending the fairness doctrine in the 80’s. People love their propaganda spoon fed to them if the ratings of cable TV are any indication.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

Praise be to Regan and Rupert Murdoch for ending the fairness doctrine in the 80’s. People love their propaganda spoon fed to them if the ratings of cable TV are any indication.

No mention of Obama removing the restrictions for propaganda to the American people?

If we’re getting specific let’s be fair to both ignorant ass sides.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Deadspin 2.0

Was just thinking that. Same name, trash writing. I'd imagine the NFL teams each having a beat reporter would stick around longer than some other sports. Nascar, certain college sports, stuff like that will probably be stripped down to regional coverage. 430 beat reporters is a lot