• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers taking offers for Cmac in the off-season

Leotiger

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

….and what would they ever do with all the CMC merchandise in the team store?

its 90% Mccafrey and 10% the damned soccer team. 
not one legitimate star in the team besides the injury prone Rb

that us what the Tepper ownership and Rhule as de facto GM has brought to us.

No one wants a Darnold jersey? I wouldn't be surprised if CMC is asking to go to the Chargers or Broncos, pretty much the only attractive options for him that have the cap space

22 minutes ago, Mage said:

McCaffrey could still easily be worth the contract if the Panthers did the sensible thing and made him a primary receiver who also plays RB.  

Granted our QBs suck.  But if we had a solid QB, CMC would tear it up in the slot and out of the backfield.  The way the Saints used Kamara for all of those years is how McCaffrey should be used.  There is NO reason for CMC to have 20+ carries in a game.

The ideal touch count for him is about 10-12 in the run game and 5-7 in the receiving game.  

They should start with quitting running him up the gut 15-20 times a game.  I swear they run him like hes Jerome Bettis or some poo. 

2 minutes ago, thennek said:

What makes anyone think he would stay healthy as a WR and/or playing in the slot? 

It's something to try. WRs are a lot more protected now and not running face 1st into the Dline would be a huge improvement but there are no guarantees. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

I don't know if Rhule is smart enough to do that properly.  Fire Rhule, XX XXX

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm pretty much 100% certain that he's not. I was only stating that this isn't surprising to me considering the position that they find themselves in. I have exactly zero expectation of them doing anything but making things worse. 

• Beer 1

CMC has a 2022 DEAD CAP hit of -- 26M to keep it simple -- 14M is his salary in 2022 -- so you'd be looking at a NEGATIVE cap hit of 12M aka you nerfed your own cap by doing this. (via Spotrac)

Only way for something like this to work is to take ''less'' value in a trade so the receiving team will take on more of his GUARANTEED SALARY to lessen the dead cap hit -- I see little market for a HB that hasn't played a full season since 2019, and has the price tag he does.

The money doesn't make sense -- we have DJ / Reddick / Jackson / Gilmore all to consider for extensions, and we need to add OL -- we can't afford to create negative cap space. We also owe Darnold 18.8M -- if we trade anything, we likely trade our 6th overall pick to acquire more draft stock because that will be the best way to add quality OL at a premium to the roster.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Uga Buga 'Fire Hot'. Uga buga 'CMC not RB anymore'. Uga buga 'rock hard'

caveman smile GIF by Aardman Animations

I always lol at people who use gifs for their  argument. Moving CMC to the slot is fine, but giving our best player the ultimatum to either do so or retire is something that has never been done in league history. Just imagine that story breaking.. Forcing our All Pro RB to retire.  We’d be looked at as a more toxic organization than the Texans. Or the Lions with their handling of Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson. We’d have no chance attracting free agents. 

Would be a massive mistake to trade basically player on the roster who shows heart and is a leader week in week out. 

His injuries are soft tissue related. He is not injury prone. Rhule is just clueless and doesn't know how to use him.

• Pie 2