• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jimmy Clausen speaks in support of Matt Rhule on Cameo

hepcat

• 2 weeks later...

I dont understand why some "people" have a problem with Rhule liking Jay-z??? Hes like the ideal american success story. Dude went from crack dealer project dweller....Rejected by every major record label in his career to where he had to create his own. They become the biggest label.. became a living legend as far as rappers go. President of Def Jam, Marries the Baddies RNB singer of our time. Branches out and has success in clubs,liquor movies, creates a huge sports agency all while becoming one of the first black hiphop billionaires... And yet people chuckle over Rhule admiring Jay-z....

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I dont understand why some "people" have a problem with Rhule liking Jay-z??? Hes like the ideal american success story. Dude went from crack dealer project dweller....Rejected by every major record label in his career to where he had to create his own. They become the biggest label.. became a living legend as far as rappers go. President of Def Jam, Marries the Baddies RNB singer of our time. Branches out and has success in clubs,liquor movies, creates a huge sports agency all while becoming one of the first black hiphop billionaires... And yet people chuckle over Rhule admiring Jay-z....

Good point. Nobody would laugh at a woman looking up to Oprah. Jay-Z is of Oprah's ilk .. Matt Rhule looks up to an extremely successful businessman, why is that laughable?

• Pie 1

Because a rapper doesn’t relate to, and isn’t remotely relevant to anything close to what he is trying to do - build a successful NFL franchise.

He didn’t just come out with an off the wall out of the blue statement like I respect Jay Z as a businessman…you guys don’t really understand context? My god.

Edited by onmyown

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Because a rapper doesn’t relate to, and isn’t remotely relevant to anything close to what he is trying to do - build a successful NFL franchise.

He didn’t just come out with an off the wall out of the blue statement like I respect Jay Z as a businessman…you guys don’t really understand context? My god.

The point was that success takes time even for hella successful people, like Jay-Z. If it only took two seasons to get your offensive line right every team would have a good line.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

It does perfectly. Jay-z isnt just a rapper... Hes a businessman who created a billion dollar image out of nothing.  Rhule is saying basically rome wasnt created in a day.. It took jay-z 7 years before he hit pay dirt which is fine... Rapper is just one of his paths to success

• Pie 1