• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players still defending Rhule

Smithers

It’s not complicated.  If you ask a player to go on record…..they defend their coach.  You can’t put anything in that.  

if Trevor Lawerence was standing at a podium while coached by Urban….he said good things.   That what you do.  Doesn’t make it true.  It wasn’t.  Trevor just saying what he had to say.  Urban could of been back.  So Urban is nothing but good publicly while he is now power if a name is on it 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, musicman said:

So every team had a new HC, new OC and new DC and turned over a good portion of the roster? Be freakin real with your answers. 

Who, other than the one person that had total control of everything, are you laying the”blame “ on. This is no different than the echo chamber crap that led to a majority of this fan base believing Rhule was ever competent. Like blowing 80M in that year that you claim he was getting the team out of cap hell. Or that Darnold was a good trade. How about giving KK 13M for nothing. Okung .  Boston. Weatherly. And 31M for TB? 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

You are assuming we can resell them.

I understand that.  My heart goes out to you and all the average PSL owners.  I came within a moment of buying during the inaguaral season.  I think they were about $2000.00 per seat back then.  I can't remember if that was the 500 section or not.  When I go I usually try get 530 section.  You see the plays develop and don't pay a fortune.  When I used to set with Robin (Cosmogirl, God rest her soul) she had the 100 section.  You only get to really see what's in front of you.  You got to interact with players from time to time.

Back to subject; will they buy you out if they move the stadium?

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’m curious bc I haven’t seen anyone give a reason really, what have you seen Rhule do that makes you think the panthers should bring him back?   

I never said they should bring him back...

...simply pointing out the "he's lost the locker room" narrative fomented by the Gone Guys and F.J. Person is #fakenews. 

Honestly, I think it's a straight up coin-flip that he makes it back into his office next Tuesday...

...all indications/reports (ex. F.J. Person & Finebaum) seem to indicate he will be given another year but Tepper's D.N.A. and the world within which he made his fortune would portend for Rhule's metaphorical head being lopped off before the post-lunch Cuban coffee is served in the Panthers offices on Monday...

...the only thing left to do now is wait and see what happens 🧐

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

I understand that.  My heart goes out to you and all the average PSL owners.  I came within a moment of buying during the inaguaral season.  I think they were about $2000.00 per seat back then.  I can't remember if that was the 500 section or not.  When I go I usually try get 530 section.  You see the plays develop and don't pay a fortune.  When I used to set with Robin (Cosmogirl, God rest her soul) she had the 100 section.  You only get to really see what's in front of you.  You got to interact with players from time to time.

Back to subject; will they buy you out if they move the stadium?

Props for Cosmogirl

no, they won’t buy me out.  I will have a chance to buy at the new stadium if and when they get one and should I continue 

I won’t be doing that however.  I’ve spent enough time and money on this club   Time to do something else 

I’m truly upset about this situation but I have few options. After 4 years of Tepper and soon to be three  of Rhule, it’s not fun anymore and life’s too short for that 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, musicman said:

I saw the entire team on Friday and they looked loose. I even watched some of the defensive walk throughs. They looked like normal, getting ready for a game. It doesn't feel like a bad environment. I truly believe when people don't know the real story, every story put out there is believed. 

They have work to do and people have to make steps in the right direction so we'll see. Some things obviously didn't work out. Some did. Since we all can't do anything about it, we have 2 choices. Support them no matter what as a fan or jump off and find a new team to root for.

It's like at a company, some people love the new boss and some don't. I am just gonna give it time. Maybe in college it took 2 to 3 years to turn around a program, but learning the NFL and its ways may take a little longer. We've got nothing to lose but to see. It's not like we were doing anything really good since 2016 on anyway. Tepper did say it could take 5 years when he hired Rhule. There's no reason to not believe someone who's had success at 2 different colleges couldn't do it in the NFL, he just may need a little more time. We don't want a flash in the pan, one great year and then back to square one. They, and fans want a consistent winner.

I have had bosses who were the coolest, kindest, thoughtful person you could ever want to meet and completely inept at their job.  Both things can be entirely possible.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Smithers said:

This is what blows my mind - we have heard Gilmore, Cam and Reddick show support for Rhule recently.  Add Burns to that list, with Shaq and Abdullah also reaffirming the culture is good.  

Maybe Joe Person is blowing smoke, trying to get clicks for The Athletic at a time when the future of that organization is in doubt after the buyout.  Who knows for sure..but the players sure are standing up for Rhule right now.  I’m curious how many team leaders Tepper has spoken to and if that has factored into his decision.  

Im not a fan of Rhule, and think he should be fired.  Just found this interesting and putting it out there for conversation.  

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/35995/brian-burns-matt-rhule-100-the-coach-to-turn-carolina-panthers-around

A week before that article came out, Joe Person was the worst reporter in the history of Panther football. Appreciation fits the narrative. Garbage article, just like his ability level.