• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers need to go out and beat Tampa

Shocker

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

price matters.  So does not being one dimensional.  

We actually generated decent pressure last season too.   Didn’t always equal sacks but the pressure numbers were good.   Burns generates pressure.  But Burns being so one dimensional matters too.  Especially when we look at what to do with him later. 

I agree about Reddick 100% and I do not understand the infatuation our fans have with him. Our defense will not function well against the run with him and Burns on the field in their current states. Teams will chip with a rb who usually releases afterwards and then leave in a TE for clean up duty on one of Reddick or Burns; usually switching it up on who it's done on to avoid becoming predictable. This hurts greatly. The difference is that one is 23 years old and Burns will likely improve if we get an nfl caliber staff in here before his rookie deal is up.

Keeping both is redundant and we don't have the money to do so anyway. We have essentially 20million dollars this offseaso not accounting for the draft and Reddick would command a large chunk of those leaving us with little to no money left to resign anyone else with. Let YGM step up in his place. I have a feeling that one of Fatt's parting gifts will be a Reddick megadeal that leaves us capstrapped and unable to sign anyone else this coming offseason... that's before we reach on a QB at 6.

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

Now that is funny 😂 laying down with Last to Know Joe 🤦‍♂️

You specifically cited "20 sources", name one 🧐

again, if you want to claim a long time reporter is lying about the 20 guys inside have at it. 

and again, I assume all the Jags reporters were lying too

everyone that is being intellectually honest knows players can’t put their names on the complaints.  Arguing they can is just nonsensical.   

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

This is a game that win or lose doesn’t really matter in terms of draft position.  A win Sunday, I think, would be huge for this team.  Rhule is back…good…lets go kick Tampas ass on the road.  Gotta stop this bullshet losing streak 

If Rhule prefers his boy Sam over Cam yet again, I hope you have alternate plans.

Edited by tiger7_88

7 minutes ago, beo said:

I agree about Reddick 100% and I do not understand the infatuation our fans have with him. Our defense will not function well against the run with him and Burns on the field in their current states. Teams will chip with a rb who usually releases afterwards and then leave in a TE for clean up duty on one of Reddick or Burns; usually switching it up on who it's done on to avoid becoming predictable. This hurts greatly. The difference is that one is 23 years old and Burns will likely improve if we get an nfl caliber staff in here before his rookie deal is up.

Keeping both is redundant and we don't have the money to do so anyway. We have essentially 20million dollars this offseaso not accounting for the draft and Reddick would command a large chunk of those leaving us with little to no money left to resign anyone else with. Let YGM step up in his place. I have a feeling that one of Fatt's parting gifts will be a Reddick megadeal that leaves us capstrapped and unable to sign anyone else this coming offseason... that's before we reach on a QB at 6.

There is absolutely nothing redundant with keeping two pass rushers like Burns and Reddick.  Jesus, people do not understand positional value

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm generally looking for discussion.

Pretty clear what you're doing is looking for attention.

I am posting about my thoughts about this team.  I am not a herd person like you.  Sorry to disappoint 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

again, if you want to claim a long time reporter is lying about the 20 guys inside have at it. 

Where are you getting "20 guys" from? 

Oh yeah, you dreamed it 😂

Name one pal...

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I assume all the Jags reporters were lying too

Seriously?  Complete non sequitur 🤦‍♂️

BB_.jpg

cam.jpeg

Edited by SizzleBuzz

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

This is a game that win or lose doesn’t really matter in terms of draft position.  A win Sunday, I think, would be huge for this team.  Rhule is back…good…lets go kick Tampas ass on the road.  Gotta stop this bullshet losing streak 

Agree with you as a matter of fact I think we will win 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

There is absolutely nothing redundant with keeping two pass rushers like Burns and Reddick.  Jesus, people do not understand positional value

It’s about cost.  You can’t over invest in guys who are only pass rushers.   Means teams with well built OLs will bully you. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Positional value isn't particularly hard to understand. Unfortunately, a lot of people put it on a pedestal over all else regardless of what's going on on the field. Are you suggesting that we should keep Reddick at probably at least 15m per season solely because he plays EDGE? That might make sense in a 3-4 base with big interior linemen but that's not what defense we run. Our DEs get pushed so far to the outside that it leaves big holes open inside and it's a fundamental issue with our defense that teams have caught on to. It's the main reason our run D sucks. 

It's a balancing act and we simply don't have the cap space to tie up into Reddick given what we're seeing on the field as of late.

Edited by beo