• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Targets: O’Brien, Jay Gruden

BIGH2001

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I have no issues with having these two as OCs.

Former head coach’s as coordinators have worked really well recently.

It needs to be someone with a previous HC experience, so it makes sense. I still really like the idea of Jim Caldwell as well.

• Pie 2

These sound like someone other than Matt Rhule's idea.

For O'Connell, this would be a lateral move since he's already an OC. He'd have to be out of contract or have permission. Either way going from the Rams to the Panthers with no advancement sounds weird.

Could they be being told it might turn into a head coaching job? Not by Rhule but yeah. That'd leave you with a staff full of Rhule loyalists though (not so sure that works).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

You'll know how hard they had to be bribed to get then to come here by their contract. I would assume theres quiet promise of them potentially being head coach by mid season in there as well. But if I'm a coach in a good place with potential head coaching offers in a few years I don't make a lateral move to a team like this without an unreasonable amount of money being thrown at me. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

These sound like someone other than Matt Rhule's idea.

For O'Connell, this would be a lateral move since he's already an OC. He'd have to be out of contract or have permission. Either way going from the Rams to the Panthers with no advancement sounds weird.

Could they be being told it might turn into a head coaching job? Not by Rhule but yeah. That'd leave you with a staff full of Rhule loyalists though (not so sure that works).

Yep. This is coming from above Rhule. My guess is Tepper is going to have to throw mega bucks at a coordinator to get them to work here under Rhule due to him most likely being a being a lame duck coach.