• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder-This is Mick Mixon's last game

ladypanther

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are there better? Yeah, but I've never found him that bad. Certainly not deserving of what he gets here.

He makes some really weird analogies but when he’s just calling the football play to play he’s not as bad as people make him out to be. 

He comes across as a super nice guy, no doubt. I've only listened to him a few times and you never knew the result of a play. He tells you someone caught a pass, but you have no idea if it was a first down etc. There was always a long delay before he told you the situation. Really weird.

44 minutes ago, Lets get it Canes said:

Mick had some good radio calls but over the years he just seems kinda boring. Hoping they go after App States old radio Announcer that does spots in games sometimes. David Jackson has some serious passion. 

I was about to post this. David Jackson would be a fantastic replacement and bring some excitement to the radio broadcasts.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Martin said:

He comes across as a super nice guy, no doubt. I've only listened to him a few times and you never knew the result of a play. He tells you someone caught a pass, but you have no idea if it was a first down etc. There was always a long delay before he told you the situation. Really weird.

They interview Mick on 2 Guys Named Chris occasionally.  He's much better in that format than play by play, very witty and quick on his feet.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

"The Mountaineers have just beaten the Michigan Wolverines!"

Yeah he'd be great.  Good radio voice and sense of dynamics.

As great as that call was, the Miracle on the Mountain against Furman in 2002 is better imo. I was at that particular game, so I might be biased. Give that one a listen if you can find it

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mixon gets a lot of undeserved crap on here.

This place is good for that.  Everything I read about Mixon says he is a really good guy and that he is very, very smart. Maybe that is his problem...he is too smart and he occasionally says things that sound good or clever to him, which come naturally to him, but it just does not connect.  That stuff is all you hear. He also had the misfortune of following someone the fans loved. He could not overcome that with a lot of people here.

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This place is good for that.  Everything I read about Mixon says he is a really good guy and that he is very, very smart. Maybe that is his problem...he is too smart and he occasionally says things that sound good or clever to him, which come naturally to him, but it just does not connect.  That stuff is all you hear. He also had the misfortune of following someone the fans loved. He could not overcome that with a lot of people here.

I like dry whit as much as the next person, but no, most of his jokes do not connect.  Believe me, I am the king of dry humor so the jokes are not lost on me, they are just not funny.

Also, his tangent stories were annoying as well.  Everyone can get caught up in telling a story, but Mixon just rambled on and on at times.

Edited by 45catfan

31 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

As great as that call was, the Miracle on the Mountain against Furman in 2002 is better imo. I was at that particular game, so I might be biased. Give that one a listen if you can find it

that game is on Youtube, or at least it was.  Amazing ending.

Mick is going to be spending more time with his band.

It's name is "Break Wind and Fire."

lol