• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"They both can do that"

Zod

13 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Rhule is a dumbass and should be fired off of that BS explanation alone.

I was so glad when Tracy Wolfson asked him that question. 

It's obvious that idiot does not like Cam and didn't want him to get any praise. 

Reminded me about Pete Carroll choosing to not give the ball to #24 Marshawn Lynch at the goal line but rather let Russell Wilson be the hero in their SB against the Patriots. Both decisions produced the same failed result.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

This. WTF cares anyway? Would we have won the game? No. Our OL got zero movement. It’s been that way for a while after our glory interior OL of Norwell, Kalil and Turner went their separate ways. Started to deteriorate in 2018, got way worse in 2019 and has been awful the past couple years.

If we take a QB at 6, I’ll take a break for a bit. This poo show is very painful to watch. I don’t no how Detroit Lions fans do it. Detroit must really suck for the Lions to actually maintain a fan base.

The point is Matt rhule is trying to win the game and chose Darnold over the greatest goal line threats of all time. That’s the problem. Cam also poses a better threat if you wanted to do play action. It’s incompetence. If he didn’t want to win then he did a good job but he obviously wanted to win. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, KillerKat said:

That 2 QB system went away pretty quick once Rhule got his Great White Hope back.

If you are implying color had ANYTHING to do with it that is ridiculous. I do agree Sam is his man but has zero to do with color. I absolutely hate Rhule and want his ass gone today. For whatever reason Rhule will live and die by his crap QB choices the past two season and next season may have another crap QB to trot out for us. He does not like Cam it seems which I don't understand the dislike in such a likeable and good Panther ambassador as Cam is. We should have had Cam the past two seasons until they found and drafter a good young QB for Cam to help groom himself as Derek Anderson helped groom Cam. Rhule is a complete douche in my opinion and made choices that huddlers said would be a mistake then learned later it was a mistake but as much as I hate Rhule one thing is obvious color does not have one damn thing to do with any decisions he makes so that great white hope comment is BS through and through. Why even bring color into it?

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

So? You guys get you panties in a wad over everything Rhule does. It’s pointless because we all know how terrible this year’s been. Cam’s not going to lead us to anything anymore, people need to give that up. On the one hand people want Brown to start at G, which I agree with, and on the other hand they want someone who’s not our future to run plays at QB. I wish we never traded for Sam but he’s more Brown than Miller in that he’s likely our QB for 2022 and who knows after that. I don’t feel good about Sam at all but I’d at least rather have him get more reps and see what, hopefully, a good OL looks like. He’s already on the books so see if he improves if we focus on OL and if not, he’s our sacrificial lamb for pick 6, BC, Brown and maybe a day 3 surprise starter to get their experience as a unit.

All I know is that I truly don’t care if Sam runs the sneak knowing we suck, season was already over, we were going to get beat by a lot regardless and Cam isn’t our future. I know why Igo keeps throwing gasoline on the fire, but I don’t get why that one play at this point aggravates people. Rhule either gone or staying based on Tepper’s decision, that’s it. 

only read the first sentence because you obviously don’t get where people are coming from. 

• Pie 1

TBF, and I'll prlly get some poo, but he's not ENTIRELY wrong.  Cam has had issues at running QB sneak if I remember correctly, he's usually far better in short yardage starting off in shotgun and getting a head of steam and pushing line.  I mean, most prolific QB sneaker is prlly Tom brady and he runs a 40 on a sundial.  That said, Put cam in shotgun and run power and easy first.

It's not about "winning" it's about "my way". Well his way is amateur.  His guys wouldn't be on any other NFL roster. Rhule is still being enabled against the wishes of diehards and the average pundit.

Only explanation I could give is that maybe Tepper doesn't want to improve this team, maybe they are conditioning the fan base to be happy about being .500, properly putting the Panthers in their place as far as the NFL is concerned.

Other than that only explanation is high stupidity. 

Cam Newton is inarguably the greatest short yardage back in NFL history. 

To claim with a straight face that Sam Darnold and Cam Newton are capable of anything similar in short yardage situations is astonishingly stupid. 

You’re paying Cam $6 million for half a season, and you just leave him on the sideline in this situation? Rhule deserves all the poo he’s taking for this.

• Pie 1

I can score from the goal line said Cam I am.............I'm not green like Sam.

Sam can score from the goal line said Sam I am but I'm not the same level of experience, size and speed as Cam.

Sam I am is green eggs on the face and as a ham ..........thinking he's Cam I am.

Dr. Seuss has a better script on this take than Rhule. 

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Man, this is a great example of hypocrisy. I mean it’s textbook. I only read the first sentence because I assume you clearly don’t get us. I hope you get the humor in your own post.

Listen, I get where you guys are coming from. You hate Rhule, for very solid reasons, so you want to question every decision and get upset. I just don’t understand the pointlessness of getting upset over a coach’s decision when you already think he’s awful. Are you hoping to see a glimmer of something so you can like Rhule?

Reminds me of the Howard Stern movie where they remarked that the average Stern hater listened longer than the average fan. Again, I know why Igo is stirring the pot because hate sells more Ads than lethargy. I’m just going to see what we do in the draft because I enjoy that and wait until we’ve got the coach and QB/OL figured out.

Uh people can talk about coaching mistakes. And long lists of coaching mistakes as reasons for rhule needing to go. Some posters here are over the top. Calling rhule fat and all that. That’s not me. I’m not upset. stating it’s a stupid coaching decision amongst many different coaching decisions is fair. Many people were talking about it in the game day thread when rhule talked to the reporter. You can be above it all and stick to the draft subforum.