• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam should of never trusted the Rhule Panthers

CRA

Just now, Smittymoose said:

How does this tangibly hurt Carolina's prospects of winning in the future? 

Treating people poorly and being low character….impacts plenty.  Especially when you are in the business of managing people and bringing them in (which is football). 

so yeah, I’d say having someone like Rhule matters in terms of winning long term.  

it will impact coaches and players willing to come here.  

People see Joe Brady.  They see Cam.  They see his pressers.   Matt Rhule isn’t where you want to be. 

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, onmyown said:

haven’t the stans already beat this topic to death? you want a parade? fireworks? his face midfield? what? this is not how the nfl works….for many great players…cam is no different besides the unusual fascination some of you have

everyone already told you guys this was a farewell tour to get your butt in a stadium seat…nothing more. and yet you STILL don’t realize it? lol

don’t worry, Panther fans are just as mad we didn’t roll over than money instead

the come back kind of was his goodbye, he got to play a bit again and retire from his original team. but cam was throwing one armed fadeaway nba shots with the football to the defense. his face was in pain after 3 games of taking shots. even went on record asking himself if he could still play this game. he is done.

it’s done. 2015 is beyond done, and cam is paid. move on already.

spot on

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yes. They brought him back for a farewell tour….

and then didn’t give him or us that.   That’s kinda the point.  They brought him back and sat him for Sam Darnold the moment they could.  Which is again the point.  

Generally franchises treat GOATs better.   Which is why Cam should be done with us.   

No argument is made he is still great or should be in our plans.  But Rhule did the Panther GOAT poorly twice.  Both were avoidable.  The people business matters.  Even in the NFL. And it’s how you know Rhule shouldn’t be here. 

cam isnt the goat of this franchise though...id go with smith , mills or even luke for that title..

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Treating people poorly and being low character….impacts plenty.  Especially when you are in the business of managing people and bringing them in (which is football). 

so yeah, I’d say having someone like Rhule matters in terms of winning long term.  

People see Joe Brady.  They see Cam.  They see his pressers.   Matt Rhule isn’t where you want to be. 

There are a ton of people on this board who were eating lunchables when this franchise was birthed. They don't understand this isn't an old storied franchise. This team was awarded because of JRs endearing himself in many, many ways, to the people of the region. This isn't Chicago, Dallas or Philly. We are more akin to Green bay or Pittsburgh, in terms of being part of the community. Turning off the fanbase is a sure sign, that Tepp is going to lose money and may ultimately have to relocate, if he doesn't keep the home crowd involved. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

100%

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Paying a back-up/stopgap QB $6M is not "treating him poorly." Not even close. 

But do you have any evidence that this saga has hurt or will hurt Carolina? Can you provide tangible NFL examples of a similar scenario hurting a franchise? Because what you have here in this post is a bunch of word salad that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 

1 hour ago, Silent Majority said:

It's very telling how far too many in this fan base are "oh well", when it comes to the best QB this franchise has ever had, yet drool lustily, when speaking of Delhomme. Between the f150 fans, Tepper and Rhule, I'm close to just giving up my NFL fandom.

You're reaching. I'll always remember Jake and Cam both fondly. Lots of others will too. But you see the world however you want.

3 minutes ago, tgrfan01 said:

cam isnt the goat of this franchise though...id go with smith , mills or even luke for that title..

I mean he is.  Big picture Cam Newton is the Panther GOAT. 

Luke and Peppers are probably the two best actual football players. 

but Cam did things they couldn’t.  He was the face of the franchise in a manner no one even comes close to.  Cam is Carolina in a way no one comes close to. 

1 hour ago, Smittymoose said:

Cam is toast as a player and padded his bank account playing for this sorry team the second half of the season. I do not feel bad for him. 

No other NFL team was interested in signing Cam but the Panthers not only signed him but gave him six million dollars to be a part time quarterback for half a season.

That is a pretty good hunk of change to make for a quarterback no other tean wanted, so there  is no way I am feeling sorry for Cam.

• Pie 1

Just now, Silent Majority said:

How are you going to attempt to poo on my opinion and then proceed to tell me, I see the world however I want? What was the point of your post? Hit dogs holler 

So if someone rejects your idiotic world view, they're a "hit dog?" How might one go about disagreeing with you without being a "hit dog?" 

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Paying a back-up/stopgap QB $6M is not "treating him poorly." Not even close. 

But do you have any evidence that this saga has hurt or will hurt Carolina? Can you provide tangible NFL examples of a similar scenario hurting a franchise? Because what you have here in this post is a bunch of word salad that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. 

his paycheck is irrelevant in this convo

again, it’s a people business.   Evidence is all over life.  Your life.  My life.  Everyones.  

You either get that concept or you don’t.  Ron and Matt own a bank….all things being equal I’m working for Ron.   And I’m only work for Rhule for a poo ton more in cash.  That’s it.  I’ll take slightly less to work for Ron.  That’s life.   

A fan base of Marty Hurneys. When someone is washed, they are washed. They don’t earn extra contracts, or another shot with new support around them just because we like them. Cam was fun, Cam was good, Cam was never given a complete Offensive roster around him, Cam had to deal with questionable coaches and GMs during his entire tenure here. Now cam is done. That’s it. We don’t get to go back and have a do-over.  Let it go.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1