• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

6 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

And you reach...get a bust. Now we're the jets

Reach? Lol. Are you suggesting no QB will have a 1st round grade? Are you suggesting none will pan out?

i don’t care about “busts.” You don’t make draft picks under the weight of crippling fear that it may not pan out. They all might fail. 

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Reach? Lol. Are you suggesting no QB will have a 1st round grade? Are you suggesting none will pan out?

i don’t care about “busts.” You don’t make draft picks under the weight of crippling fear that it may not pan out. They all might fail. 

And some have higher probability of failing which is why 1st round its better to take a sure fire LT over a iffy qb

Just now, ClawOn said:

It was?  

Yes.  If you keep up with the draft process at all, you would know that last year's QB crop had draftnics drooling all over themselves.  Heck, I even wanted one last year. This year not so much.  Just by the law of averages, one of these guys will likely pan out, but determining who based of their college careers is a crap shoot.  There is no Tervor Lawrence-type of guys who had sustained success.  You have one-hit wonders in Pickett/Corral and a guy like Howell that regressed.  Then you have the guy from Liberty who ate bad competition alive, but struggled against the big dogs.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

And some have higher probability of failing which is why 1st round its better to take a sure fire LT over a iffy qb

there’s no such thing as a surefire anything, especially at the OT position, but aside from that

who cares 

an OT isn’t changing the future of your franchise, and when you’re picking as high as the panthers are, that’s what you’re in the market for.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

there’s no such thing as a surefire anything, especially at the OT position, but aside from that

who cares 

an OT isn’t changing the future of your franchise, and when you’re picking as high as the panthers are, that’s what you’re in the market for.

Its a building block..who should we pick you think?

10 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: OT Evan Neal, Alabama

2. Detroit Lions: Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon

3. Houston Texans: Edge Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan

4. New York Jets: Edge George Karlaftis, Purdue

5. New York Giants: OL Ikem Ekwonu, North Carolina State

Crazy right, TWO OTs mocked before the first QB goes off the board?  I guess I have no clue what I'm talking about, even early on.