• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

1 minute ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

A center at 6 is a reach. I don't care how good he is. Only take him  if you can trade back and get additional picks.

I've mentioned this earlier, we are in a REAAAALLLY bad spot to move back.  We are sandwiched between the Giants and Jets, both of whom have two first round picks.  If I were a team looking to move up, I'm on the phone with them and not Carolina.

Edited by 45catfan

1 minute ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

A center at 6 is a reach. I don't care how good he is. Only take him  if you can trade back and get additional picks.

Meh... not sure about that.if your talking the greatest center prospect of this generation no...I wouldn't say it's a reach at all especially if the need is there.

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Its a building block..who should we pick you think?

It’s a failure to understand where the panthers are at as an organization.

whomever the scouting department projects as the best QB. I’ve said that several times now.

If the panthers use the 6 overall pick on a center then I honestly hope they just move the team somewhere else

not that i expect it.  Most of the time once the coaches start getting involved in the scouting process you start to see a change at the top of the draft and guys like that begin to fall. Probably likely that the center doesn’t go until the 20’s.

40 minutes ago, Growl said:

there’s no such thing as a surefire anything, especially at the OT position, but aside from that

who cares 

an OT isn’t changing the future of your franchise, and when you’re picking as high as the panthers are, that’s what you’re in the market for.

Instant gratification isn’t going to come with a qb pick.  We have to be patient and build the team through the strength of the draft

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Instant gratification isn’t going to come with a qb pick.  We have to be patient and build the team through the strength of the draft

this is just a dumb take that reeks of something you read on a draft blog and not a legitimate way to build an NFL team

calling a franchise QB “gratification” or a “luxury” or whatever other stupid buzzword you weirdoes who live in debilitating fear of a “bust”  as if you have some personal investment at stake in this specific pick’s success is just dumb and out of touch with what it takes to win in the current NFL.

• Poo 2