• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At number 6 the Carolina Panthers select...Charles Cross???

PanthersGOATFan336

Just now, 45catfan said:

Last year's QB class was far from weak, actually one of the better ones in recent memory.  This QB class has question marks all over the place. 

You will be making this exact same post this time next year as is huddle tradition.

14 minutes ago, Growl said:

If the panthers had done it the other way around last draft, if they had taken the QB presented to them despite it being deemed a “weak class,” the panthers would have the most important position on the field solidified and an open venue of top picks to select from

you could take a LT, you could also take a premiere edge rusher who can actually set the edge and not have to overpay Hassan reddick, or you could’ve taken the CB now

You never pass on a top QB prospects when you have a need a QB. You only delay your ability to properly assess where your roster is.

it would be great to be talking one of these guys-one of these “can’t miss” tackles will certainly be there past pick #12 or so-but you can’t keep doubling down on the same mistake.

it’s time to draft a QB.

Who do you want at 6

I say slide back. I think 2 or 3 Edge rushers, a CB, and an OL are likely to go before us.   If there are 4 OL we would consider at #6, drop back, add a second rounder, and take the one still on the board.

However, Ekwonu is (to me) the best for us.  He can play G or T.  He is the most feared lineman in the ACC.  Call him IHOP for obvious reasons.   If BC improves at LT, Ekwonu can go to G.  If Brady goes to G, Ekwonu can play LT.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who do you want at 6

I’m sorry was that not clearly demonstrated

the team has to acquire a franchise QB instead of getting sucked into this illusory approach of “just making sure we come away with a good player”

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Very young and the most unpolished of the 3 top LTs.   That said, I'd still take him if Neal and Ekwonu are gone.  Yes, early mocks have 1, if not 2 OTs gone by our pick at #6.

In with the meme:  "Don't know you all the players will be picked top 5!" nonsense!

It's still a QB driven league, and there are still a lot of teams looking for their QB1.  And there are two amazing pass rushers who could go top three.

I have no idea what will happen, lol.

Just now, MHS831 said:

I say slide back. I think 2 or 3 Edge rushers, a CB, and an OL are likely to go before us.   If there are 4 OL we would consider at #6, drop back, add a second rounder, and take the one still on the board.

However, Ekwonu is (to me) the best for us.  He can play G or T.  He is the most feared lineman in the ACC.  Call him IHOP for obvious reasons.   If BC improves at LT, Ekwonu can go to G.  If Brady goes to G, Ekwonu can play LT.

There is one HUGE problem with trading back and that is the Jets and Giants.  Both have TWO high picks right around us, so if anyone is looking to trade up, I'm sure those will be the first two teams on the phone.  If you are the Jets and Giants, why wouldn't you trade back with first rounders nearly stacked on top of one another only to acquire more draft capital?

In short, we are not in a great place to trade back.

• Pie 1