• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OC Options

Mr. Scot

Our play calling and offensive scheme was horrible this year.  Just no identity.  Not a Sam apologist but where was the play action and bootleg passes ( one of the few things I've seen Sambo do well)  Also the play calling when Cam was in there was silly too.  RPO with that exaggerated slow hand off Cam was doing.  Jeezus.  All our Qb's dinking and dunking.  I thought last year the dink and dunk was cause Teddy liked that style.  I now realise the coaches were pushing that.  Either from lack of trust (Sam) or lack of arm (Cam) or injury gun shyness (Teddy)  we seemed content to get 4 yards a pass.   I do think they were hamstrung by the limitations of our QB's though.  That said it seems little effort was put into developing a scheme and identity for the offense other than pre-emptive damage control (aka playing scared), college style rotation of qb's ( aka bush league B.S.) and a misery go round depth chart on the offensive line.  The lack of creativity and balls by the offensive playcallers this year was embarrassing.  I do actually feel we can turn this around quickly on offense. We just need to develop an offensive identity. The fact in the same draft we took a BIG but slowish mauler like Deonte Brown and a finesse zone gap undersized LT like BC was an indication we had no clue what we wanted the oline to look like.  I actually think Elflien can play center for us.  I also think BC is deserving of a chance at LT.  That leaves our guards as the missing pieces.  Along with QB, TE and another RB to add to the committee.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kubiak has a good football pedigree and runs the right kind of system.

That, plus his dad kicked our ass in the Super Bowl.

Not really refs gave them the game. Peyton didn’t do poo and if it wasn’t for Von Miller we win that game. We were the ones to stupid to put someone else over there to block him.

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

nice

Vikings fans are clowning us, this is one of the nicer comments and sounds like a sideways move at best

I think Baby Kubiak has potential. Weren't we one of the best red zone teams? And for a while there we were the best team on opening drives? Now, if he could minimize the three-and-outs, minimize all the worthless designed throws behind the LOS, and learn how to adjust mid-game, he has a chance. We'll see.

• Beer 1

Not sure what thread to put this in.  And yeah its like a 3rd hand rumor.  But my brother knows someone that works in ticketing with the panthers and the rumor is that Tepper wants Rhule to bring him 3 OC names that he can hire 100%.  If Tepper approves they hire him and rhule keeps coaching.  If rhule bobbles this then he is done

100% hearsay I acknowledge just wanted to post it somewhere

• Beer 3

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not sure what thread to put this in.  And yeah its like a 3rd hand rumor.  But my brother knows someone that works in ticketing with the panthers and the rumor is that Tepper wants Rhule to bring him 3 OC names that he can hire 100%.  If Tepper approves they hire him and rhule keeps coaching.  If rhule bobbles this then he is done

100% hearsay I acknowledge just wanted to post it somewhere

Interesting 3rd hand rumor for sure!

As far as Kubiak, I've read a lot that he's overrated and not much of an upgrade for us.  Definitely a name, but not so much of a rock star.

I'm much more interested in the Rams guy.

12 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

And just what qualifies Tepper to decide if those coaches are good?

Truth. 

but maybe it isn’t even about that.  Can Rhule even find 3 guys with a real NFL resume for the job to say yes?  Maybe Tepper is just going to let the rest of the league tell him what Rhule is. 

If I was a good OC….I’m not taking the job unless it’s the last job.  Because it’s a bad job under Rhule. 

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Vikings fans are clowning us, this is one of the nicer comments and sounds like a sideways move at best

I think Baby Kubiak has potential. Weren't we one of the best red zone teams? And for a while there we were the best team on opening drives? Now, if he could minimize the three-and-outs, minimize all the worthless designed throws behind the LOS, and learn how to adjust mid-game, he has a chance. We'll see.

Oh sweet so we’re bringing in an OC to interview who can’t adjust mid game. Like the thing we were historically bad at this past season.

rhule will probably pick someone he thinks he can just get along with and won’t threaten his power. So this guy would be perfect.

• Beer 2

34 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Interesting 3rd hand rumor for sure!

As far as Kubiak, I've read a lot that he's overrated and not much of an upgrade for us.  Definitely a name, but not so much of a rock star.

I'm much more interested in the Rams guy.

Kubiak would be a home run

Gary that is

Edited by mrcompletely11