• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PSL Marketplace Update.

SizzleBuzz

Gone Guys chatter surrounding PSL's has been ongoing for many months and reached a crescendo this past week, so I thought now would be a good time to update you on how the PSL marketplace has been trending. 

My premise is PSL holders are a very predictable bunch and are in it for the long haul...through good-times and bad-times...but given  all the carping and gnashing of teeth by the Gone Guys, I decided to start watching PSL sales closely.

Conclusion:  There is nothing in the PSL marketplace to indicate any sort of behavioral sea-change by PSL holders, partners who are the bedrock of the Panthers business plan.

Listings for seats/PSL's available for sale are actually lower than 2-months ago.

date/#listings/#seats

Novy 7 > 640 > 1,625

Novy 9 > 648 > 1,646  (peak, Cam signed)

Dec 6 > 617 > 1,529

Dec 28 > 597 > 1,468  (floor 1, Rhule retained)

Dec 29 > 609 > 1,501

Jan 3 > 593 > 1,451  (floor 2)  

Jan 4 > 626 > 1,542  (BIG* jump, Gone Guys?)

Jan 7 > 632 > 1,557  (2022 peak 2)

Jan 10 > 624 > 1,533 

For perspective, a 2014 Axios article cited 1,700 PSL-seats available and a 2015 🧐 article by the same folks cited 2,300 PSL-seats available.

PSL sales are almost exclusively driven by significant life-changes (kids age out, move away, retirement, loss of job, etc) vs. dissatisfaction over the on-field product...not to mention nobody likes to "sell-low" which is exactly what they'd be doing right now. 

Flipside, the 2015 for-sale seat-count was 2,300 which is  fully 50% higher than today, and that makes perfect sense -- times are good, sell high!

The End.

*seems likely the BIG jump is a corporate customer of some sort dumping a large block of seats.

ADDENDUM:

A few bits of info...

PSL accounts number about 23,000.

Those 23,000 accounts control about 62,000 seats (almost 83% of all seats).

Just over 50% of PSL accounts are controlled by "originals", folks who have been in since day-1.

(all numbers pulled from public sources like CBJ, Axios, Observer, etc...)

https://panthers.strmarketplace.com/Permanent-Seat-Licenses/For-Sale.aspx

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

PSLs are a solid investment even if the Panthers are ass because Charlotte is a transplant city full of fans ready to fill the stadium to watch their team pound the Panthers dicks into mince meat.

The uptown location of the stadium in close proximity to many hotels and the airport make it an even better investment. 

Doesn't matter if the team is good or bad. Tepper gets paid either way. He has no financial incentive to field a winning team.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Good numbers, love it.

This is why I hate PSL's.  It totally separates the team's on field success from it's ticket sales.  Who cares if we win?  We sold our tickets, we get our TV money, sheer inflation increases the value of the franchise.  Winning is irrelevant.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I paid way too much for silver level club seats, psl seats near my seats are selling for $900 per psl 

No one with any sense would sell the PSL at $12-18k hit

so most are holding on to PSLs and selling the tickets to highest bidder 

this explains limited PSLs for sale and the 70% of visitor fans in the stadium 

my section this year and last year was 50/50 fan split at best 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Is OP Grits, or the Real deal? Just wondering...

He's definitely a resurrection of a former poster here.  

And PSLs have passed the point of decent returns so selling now is more just out of letting them go rather than cashing in on them.  Peak returns of us OG owners has since long past.   I do have an incling of one of the jumps referenced 

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, hepcat said:

PSLs are a solid investment even if the Panthers are ass because Charlotte is a transplant city full of fans ready to fill the stadium to watch their team pound the Panthers dicks into mince meat.

The uptown location of the stadium in close proximity to many hotels and the airport make it an even better investment. 

Doesn't matter if the team is good or bad. Tepper gets paid either way. He has no financial incentive to field a winning team.

And Matt Rhule will give him that. We might not see a playoff game again for a decade.