• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep Hamilton is top choice for OC now

Zod

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

I wouldn’t be mad, but even though Darnold sucks it’s not his fault he’s in this position.  He seems like a nice kid, he just blows as an NFL QB.  So I’d prefer not to see him get killed if possible.  If he gets hurt it’s just back to PJ Walker again 

Nah man.  We will bring in another vet qb if he gets hurt. PJ just needs a paycheck and Rhule gotta take care of his own.  Otherwise PJ would have started more games.

24 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

Houston may want to promote Pep to OC as well.  It would be a far more attractive position with Davis Mills as a young QB to work with.  

Davis Mills' success may have a lot to do with this. 

Edited by MHS831

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The Colts won their division 2 years in a row with Pep at OC and made it to the AFC championship game. He even called the plays in that AMAZING playoff game against the Chiefs where the Colts came back down 38-10. 

They loss to the Patriots both years in the playoffs.

Panthers won 3 straight NFCS titles and went to the Super Bowl with Mike Shula.  Was that Shula or Cam? 

Pep had Luck.   Luck had better skill guys but I always thought there were parallels with Cam. 

Look, Pep is better than Nixon or Brady.  But Pep’s natural instinct is the power run game.  And I am not a supporter of Rhule or his vision of Baylor Ball.   

Hire Pep.  Matt Rhule can run 40 times. Play D and maybe get to .500 pending our schedule.  That isn’t winning football.   Yeah, the Titans do it.   An anomaly with a great coach. 

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He is stated to be a QB Whisperer. He has coached the following QBs:

1. Andrew Luck (7 years including college at Stanford as the OC)

2. Justin Herbert (Rookie year)

3. Davis Mills (this year)

Well we need a Damn Sarnold yellerer so whisperer is a start.

38 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

PPG 2013-2015
2013: 14th
2014: 5th

2015: 28th (lost QB for season)

Total yards:
2013: 15th

2014: 3rd

2015: 27th (backup QB)

We’ll be starting a back up quarterback … 

( fingers crossed, should we trade for a starter , the other team takes Darnold as their backup 😊 )

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

I really am impressed with Vrabel. What he's done in Tennessee with a former potential bust at QB too is pretty sick.

All started in the trenches for the Titans. We were following the right blueprint, but we just did it in the wrong order. Titans have a ridiculously strong O-Line. They were stronger last year though.

Their drafting however has been pretty bad the last two years. 

Edited by TheCasillas

22 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Not kidding:  A "no coast" offense.  The article called him a mutt,  basically referring to a hybrid offense.  He had Luck with no OL in Indy 5-6 years ago and they were decent.  Luck is now retired, however.

My perception is that he's a better QB Coach than OC.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

All started in the trenches for the Titans. We were following the right blueprint, but we just did it in the wrong order. Titans have a ridiculously strong O-Line. They were stronger last year though.

Their drafting however has been pretty bad the last two years. 

Titans have a legit NFL guy as their HC.  Vrabel can coach.  He has flat out won them games.  

And he has one of the few guys actually built for the offense he runs.