• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

Use cam as a battering ram? But why? You notice his face getting hit this year? Dude was hurting. He can’t do that poo anymore, why would anyone want to send him into a wheelchair. Just let the man retire.

Besides any competent team/franchise has a player to get those tough yards.

• Pie 1

I adore Cam. I stay out of Cam discussions on here because I figured out I can't talk about him rationally. I'm still too emotional about him.

That said, given our opponents next year, it would actually take improvement from the team to get to five wins. There aren't any Houston/Jets style teams on the schedule. Maybe the Falcons, but you know we'll split with them.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, MHS831 said:

I appreciate what Cam has done for this franchise--a signed #1 jersey hangs proudly in my man cave, but Cam would be an expensive distraction.  Not his fault, but if he is on the roster, every time the QB throws a pick the huggers would start banging their drums.  When Sam Darnold replaced Cam and there were boos at home--even though Cam has not won a game for the panthers in his past 12 or so starts--that is what I mean as a distraction. I think it is best that we, as a franchise and fan base, turns the page.  So this idea has merit on one level, but in reality, I question its practical applicability. 

Cam is the best QB in franchise history but unfortunately those days are gone. If we strut him out there to “run” all season he’ll be hurt midway through the season at best and frankly he doesn’t deserve that. He is an ineffective passer these days- not accurate, bad footwork, etc. Thanks for all the good times and the nostalgic return but we need to turn the page

• Beer 1

Lol Rhule actually gaslit people into thinking Darnold is a better QB then Cam. Backing up an actual good QB like Mahomes would be one thing, but come back to be gadget guy for Sam Darnold?

If Cam's cheap I'd love to him back to "compete" with Darnold for the starting job, but considering Rhule believes Darnold has the same chances of converting a 4th and inches as one of the greatest short yardage gainers of all time, I doubt he'd get a fair shake.

Truly insane how a guy whose done nothing in 4 years repeatedly gets chances to prove himself, when a former RoY, MVP can't even get a full off season and a fraction of the same support to show he can still play.

• Pie 1