• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, um, rather watch Cam with one arm than your Sammy Suck. Besides that was a down year after TB that whole team was being turned around. 

When the offense was tailored to Cam by Chudzinsky he set passing records. Sam hasn't set any records. NE offense was tailored to what Brady did we'll. That's good coaching. Most QBs playing aren't in the record books Cam is. You cherry pick the worst stat you can find but the man sets TD records when he's on the field.

Take that garbage out of here and put some respect on that man's name mortal.

I don't think anyone is arguing 2011 Cam sucks. It's the current iteration who's probably not a path to the postseason. 

• Pie 2

On 1/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, tukafan21 said:

As a gadget player getting 15-20 snaps a game (think Taysom Hill)... honestly at this point, that's where he can do the most damage in the league, how do you stop someone with his size and athleticism who could always pull up and pass it at any moment?

Draft a LT with the 6th pick, spend money in FA on some guards and/or a center, and bring back Gilmore to be a mentor for Horn.

Use CMC in a Deebo type of role, give him maybe 10 carries a game, but have him mostly lined up in the slot.

Just imagine rolling out there with DJ out wide to the left, Robby out wide to the right, CMC lined up in the slot to the left, with Cam and Hubbard in the backfield with Cam on the side of the field as CMC.

You motion Hubbard out of the backfield and line him up behind CMC and pitch the ball out wide to Cam to now have the ball in space.  You have two of the better route runners in the league in DJ and CMC out there running two routes, CMC short and DJ mid range and you have Robby running a go route on the far side of the field, with Hubbard now acting as a lead blocker in front of Cam (or maybe this should be Tommy).

How do you defend that situation?

Cam could run the ball with 3 blockers out in front of him and in space, but you also have to respect DJ and CMC out there as he could easily throw to one of them for an easy 10-15 yard gain, and if Robby beats his man, Cam has the arm to get it to him deep.  It really is a lose-lose situation for the defense there, you have to pick your poison, but if Cam makes smart decisions, I don't see how that can be beat over the course of a full game if designed and executed properly.

The NFL is starting to act like the NBA where there are position-less players, you put Cam, CMC, and DJ out there on the field at once with Cam as a utility player and not a straight QB, I think defenses will struggle immensely to defend that.

I just can’t see Cam agreeing to that role.  Cam is physically built for that role.  ( Tough and fast). But, he would not want that role.

I also think teams are learning how to stop Taysom.  He doesn’t seem to have the success, he used to have.

Edited by Green-Ghost

1 minute ago, Borat said:

I don't think anyone is arguing 2011 Cam sucks. It's the current iteration who's probably not a path to the postseason. 

Cam could play an important role on a championship team, I think.  I still think he's deadly in the red zone.  And maybe he'd be a decent starter with a good OL and run game ahead of him, too.  But I think critically for us and many other teams, he isn't the future at QB, and he can't alone do something like carry us to the post season. 

I love Cam, and i don't blame him for the shitshow of an offense when he was a starter, but realistically he just didn't look like he could carry an offense. 

I wanted him as our backup / competing for a starting role this offseason, maybe mentoring a rookie, but instead we signed fuging PJ Walker.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, um, rather watch Cam with one arm than your Sammy Suck. Besides that was a down year after TB that whole team was being turned around. 

When the offense was tailored to Cam by Chudzinsky he set passing records. Sam hasn't set any records. NE offense was tailored to what Brady did we'll. That's good coaching. Most QBs playing aren't in the record books Cam is. You cherry pick the worst stat you can find but the man sets TD records when he's on the field.

Take that garbage out of here and put some respect on that man's name mortal.

I think you are actually making my original point here about delusional Cam fans.   Thank you.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

The Cam delusion continues for many.  When I see things like, he is better than Sam lol.   So you are saying he is better than a guy we all think does not need to be the starter of this team and somehow that means Cam can still do it.  His arm, never his strength, it now done. We could put him in for 20 plays and if half of them are passes 2 of them will be picks.   Make him a tight end that could be very fun to watch.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Cam could play an important role on a championship team, I think.  I still think he's deadly in the red zone.  And maybe he'd be a decent starter with a good OL and run game ahead of him, too.  But I think critically for us and many other teams, he isn't the future at QB, and he can't alone do something like carry us to the post season. 

I love Cam, and i don't blame him for the shitshow of an offense when he was a starter, but realistically he just didn't look like he could carry an offense. 

I wanted him as our backup / competing for a starting role this offseason, maybe mentoring a rookie, but instead we signed fuging PJ Walker.

Please stop this nonsense.... Cam is no longer deadly at any spot on the field. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I don’t want cam anywhere near this Rhule lead team, you got some posters blaming our losing streak more on cam than Rhule, that’s all you need to know 

If only Cam had an all-time great coach. Then he'd certainly play like it's the early 2010s again!

(It's possible for them to both be insufficient for their roles) 

Edited by Borat
  • Beer 1