• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This can be a playoff team next year if we bring Cam back......

tukafan21

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Without an actual offseason and solid talent around him we don't even have a chance to see. If he had a legit opportunity and he played poorly I'd agree. You can't play NFL Quarterback and learn your offense on the fly. That will never correlate to success.

I was fully bought into the idea that Cam was being held back by his limited exposure to the playbook and that he would only increasingly flourish and excel once he gets more experience in the offense and a full grasp of the playbook, but unfortunately his passing performance got worse as the season went on.  So that idea doesn't really seem to hold much weight.  His best game of the season was his first start against Washington (120.5 rating), then there was the abomination against Miami which I don't hold against him because of how laughably bad our o-line was, followed by Atlanta (70.6 rating), Buffalo (56.5 rating), and Tampa Bay (34.5 rating).  That trend contradicts the notion that Cam just didn't have enough time in this offense/playbook.

2 hours ago, Borat said:

Because they signed Tyrod Taylor, when Cam was also available, to start? And why would Cam turn down a starting gig at that stage? Also, agents put poo like this out all the time. ‘Leak’ some nebulous half-truths and hope to drive some demand. That tweet could also be read as “they wanted to sign him as a tight end” — there’s purposefully little to no info content. 

Playoff QB = good enough to take his current team to the playoffs. Cam and Sam aren’t anywhere close. And though Ben was helped by a team, his play was miles above either Cam’s or Sam’s this year. 

Re: starter, if you want to benchmark him to Darnold, who may start solely due to Panthers dysfunction, then fine, but he’s not one of the best 32 on the planet anymore. Neither is Sam.

Buddy you just came up with 18 different rationalizations on why a simple tweet is BS because you can't compute the man's still good enough to play in the league. There was no need to drive demand, that tweet was made while reports of him resigning in Carolina were already out. As for Tyrod, Cam was re-signed to NE already initially, and then Tyrod had a season ending injury week 2.

Also, only reason I'm comparing him to Darnold is because OP made a thread of how Cam should come in and be his backup, which is laughable. 

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

It's not even as close to as dumb as saying this team....this dumpster fire of a team...can be a playoff team next year with Cam at QB.  I know the storyline for the first half of the season was "we're just a QB away from competing", "Darnold is 99% of this team's problems", "if we had even competent QB play then we'd be a playoff team", etc...but I can't imagine anyone truly believes that at this point, after the way our season ended.

I’ve already stated a Rhule+ any qb is going to result in failure, I don’t agree with op at all but some of the things you stated rang true.

When the defense actually played like the number 2 defense, Sam was holding us back with his decision making. 

Cam gets here and for whatever reason it’s ignored that cmc goes down the following week at Mia , multiple starters go to ir donte Jackson etc, the o coordinator is fired only 2 weeks within cam being here and fired late into the bye week.

Now keep in mind this is the same things Sam had to deal with once he returned, bottom line I don’t know how any qb would have success when the above occurs, this isn’t a cam issue it’s a Rhule issue. 

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He didnt turn down any offers that is BS

Keep in mind posters this is the same clown for the last 3 years who said cam would either retire, be out the league, or no one wanted him

in that same time frame cam has been signed 3 times, he’ll get it right one year just keep using infinite guesses  

2 hours ago, Borat said:

Because they signed Tyrod Taylor, when Cam was also available, to start? And why would Cam turn down a starting gig at that stage? Also, agents put poo like this out all the time. ‘Leak’ some nebulous half-truths and hope to drive some demand. That tweet could also be read as “they wanted to sign him as a tight end” — there’s purposefully little to no info content. 

Playoff QB = good enough to take his current team to the playoffs. Cam and Sam aren’t anywhere close. And though Ben was helped by a team, his play was miles above either Cam’s or Sam’s this year. 

Re: starter, if you want to benchmark him to Darnold, who may start solely due to Panthers dysfunction, then fine, but he’s not one of the best 32 on the planet anymore. Neither is Sam.

It’s weird how y’all go every lengths to prove what beat writers and reporters themselves are saying 

you’re also leaving out the big issue which was his vaccination status, and they signed tyrod while cam had already been resigned by the patriots.

idk what revisionist history you’re telling but it’s not a coincidence the offers came after he got vaccinated. 

and news flash there isn’t a current nfl qb that was taking this roster to the playoffs period. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Yeah one time the majority of the hits to the head were within the pocket he was headhunted in the Super Bowl and the 2016 season opener and that was truly the beginning of the end because teams knew the refs would let it slide. There are less than a handful of "Cam heads" here the majority like myself are very much aware of where he now stands as a starting quarterback. I had already long accepted what was and anticipated retirement for him. We wouldn't even be talking about this again if Matt Rhule hadn't fell flat on his face in attempting to locate his own starting quarterback. Your little shtick may get pie from Falcons fans but most people think you are a dinosaur still parroting the same tired old man takes about showboating.

Just making a point that get in the endzone and then do what you want, but don't try to embarrass your opponent before you get there.  I have no problem with showboating as long as you are winning, but stupid first down celebrations when you are getting your ass kicked as stupid.  Win and you can do whatever you want and I am good with it.  Say what you want he was never the same after the concussion I pointed out, which is why I pointed that one out.  My posts are in response to the ridiculous title of this thread so not sure what is in your craw as you apparently feel Cam is done as QB1 as well.  

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah that’s why the patriots signed and resigned him, and I’ll trust actually reporters over some troll on a message board imagining how he thinks things should go 🥴

and cut him

She is literally the only person to report that he had offers.   So yeah, its bs

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 hour ago, Shaqil915 said:

Buddy you just came up with 18 different rationalizations on why a simple tweet is BS because you can't compute the man's still good enough to play in the league. There was no need to drive demand, that tweet was made while reports of him resigning in Carolina were already out. As for Tyrod, Cam was re-signed to NE already initially, and then Tyrod had a season ending injury week 2.

Also, only reason I'm comparing him to Darnold is because OP made a thread of how Cam should come in and be his backup, which is laughable. 

They’re not “rationalizations.” They’re inductive conclusions drawn from the fact that 1) Cam has been very bad for the past 3+ season,  2) didn’t have a starting job at this year’s onset, and 3) had declared months before signing that he was ready for an NFL return. Three datapoints that cast substantial doubt on a face-value reading of the tweet. Context matters.

Edited by Borat

23 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s weird how y’all go every lengths to prove what beat writers and reporters themselves are saying 

you’re also leaving out the big issue which was his vaccination status, and they signed tyrod while cam had already been resigned by the patriots.

idk what revisionist history you’re telling but it’s not a coincidence the offers came after he got vaccinated. 

and news flash there isn’t a current nfl qb that was taking this roster to the playoffs period. 

Carolina had bottom-3 (and arguably the worst) QB play in the league last year. I don’t think it’s that much of a reach to say a Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. is worth ~4 ‘WAR’ when the “replacement level” benchmark is Darnold / shell of Cam Newton.