• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

He's lost.

Mike in Raleigh

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Picking it up at the time was dumb. Darnold gave no indication that he is a starter in this league. I've been saying it all year. I said the first 3 weeks. He ain't it. 

And I would respect him more if he came out and said "I made a mistake" but he fumbled over his words and said "B-b-but it was a group decision guys! Don't look at me!" 

Darnold is a dog, but the price is cheap. But it wasn't his mistake. none of us know if Ruhle wanted Darnold. We tried and failed at Watson, tried and failed at Stafford. 

19 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

you all are clowns. 

what would you expect him to say? remember all of you were probably blowing Darnold after week 3. 

No, after week three we were all thinking, "This could be the best blind date I've ever been on..."

Week four and the real person started showing through.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Darnold is a dog, but the price is cheap. But it wasn't his mistake. none of us know if Ruhle wanted Darnold. We tried and failed at Watson, tried and failed at Stafford. 

Yeah. I pretty much stay off the forums now bro. We are in the minority here. I don't want him fired either.

20 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

you all are clowns. 

what would you expect him to say? remember all of you were probably blowing Darnold after week 3. 

No.  We beat 2 teams that featured rookies on and teams making their NFL debut and a hurricane displaced team that lost all their coaches to covid.  

We struggled to beat Jets.  We got very lucky with Sam putting the ball multiple times on the ground vs Hou.   And the Saints were a complete mess for a thousand reasons  

3 hours ago, CRA said:

No.  We beat 2 teams that featured rookies on and teams making their NFL debut and a hurricane displaced team that lost all their coaches to covid.  

We struggled to beat Jets.  We got very lucky with Sam putting the ball multiple times on the ground vs Hou.   And the Saints were a complete mess for a thousand reasons  

nobody is saying none of that was not true. but after week 3, everyone was hyped, Ruhle was a genius, and we thought we got a steal in Darnold.

Joe Brady was more of a fraud then anyone that didn't suit up.

Or blame Tepper, Mr. Hedge fund high-risk was so desperate for a QB he went out and traded a bunch for Darnold. My guess is that Rhule never called up Tepper and say "ya know what, I think that kid in New York has got something special."

On 1/10/2022 at 4:31 PM, CRA said:

I like when he was asked if he would do anything different in hindsight…..and he couldn’t come up with anything. 

that must be how you know the plan is working 

The Lions suck but Dan Campbell is refreshingly honest in his press conferences.  When asked questions like that he will immediately pull up examples of things he'd take back...and then explain the thought process that went into the original decision and explain where it went wrong.  You can tell Dan is alot more secure in himself and his position than Rhule.

13 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

nobody is saying none of that was not true. but after week 3, everyone was hyped, Ruhle was a genius, and we thought we got a steal in Darnold.

Joe Brady was more of a fraud then anyone that didn't suit up.

Or blame Tepper, Mr. Hedge fund high-risk was so desperate for a QB he went out and traded a bunch for Darnold. My guess is that Rhule never called up Tepper and say "ya know what, I think that kid in New York has got something special."

3-0 > 0-3 or 2-1.  

But Sam was still Sam.  And it was talked about by many even when we were 3-0 and the breaks we caught to be that. 

Joe Brady had overachieved frankly every season but the one that he was paired with Sam Darnold.  You know the imploding Sam Darnold who our DC and Rhule picked out. 

you can put Rhule on Tepper.  Sam is on Rhule.   There is literally no evidence that Tepper forced Sam freaking Darnold on Rhule.  That’s just being a make things up Rhule apologist.  And all the inside rumors were Tepper wanted Fields even when Rhule got Sam. 

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

The Lions suck but Dan Campbell is refreshingly honest in his press conferences.  When asked questions like that he will immediately pull up examples of things he'd take back...and then explain the thought process that went into the original decision and explain where it went wrong.  You can tell Dan is alot more secure in himself and his position than Rhule.

Yep. And you saw one of the most important things happen IMO….you saw his Lions team actually improve as the season went on.   Yeah, they stunk overall but from week 1 to 17 they steadily trended up.  

two seasons in a row Rhule has gotten worse as the season has gone on.   That should get you fired.  Same thing happens in game.  Worse.  Matt Rhule isn’t an NFL coach.