• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on tackles and arm length

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

If he’s LT I definitely want to trade down.  I’m not very high on any of these QBs, but I have a nauseating feeling it’s going to be Pickett

I noticed Fitt immediately jumped into BC’s versatility mentioning he can play LG or even RG if needed. That makes me think he is considering LTs in this draft. I’m personally not sure how good BC would be at LG, but he looked solid at LT. We could run Cross, BC, FA/later pick, Brown, Moton and have a solid young line. 

50 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think Christensen can hold down the LT spot and get better the more he plays.  Take a C or even a G and you have Moton, Brown, Drafted C, Drafted G (or FA), and Christensen and let them play together and be a cohesive unit.

I would say go after the best center in free agency--I think they are looking to Brown to take the Miller spot at RG.  With BC as a developing LT, we could be closer than we think.  If we plan to start BC and DBrown, I would focus on some free agent veterans or we could have another disaster.  Erv and Elf need to go.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I noticed Fitt immediately jumped into BC’s versatility mentioning he can play LG or even RG if needed. That makes me think he is considering LTs in this draft. I’m personally not sure how good BC would be at LG, but he looked solid at LT. We could run Cross, BC, FA/later pick, Brown, Moton and have a solid young line. 

I’m really high on Cross, so if we move BC to guard and go that way, I’d be totally fine with it.  The more good pieces on OL the better.  Not getting my hopes up that whoever we draft is actually gonna get playing time, though 

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’m really high on Cross, so if we move BC to guard and go that way, I’d be totally fine with it.  The more good pieces on OL the better.  Not getting my hopes up that whoever we draft is actually gonna get playing time, though 

Hopefully our new OC will get some input on playing time…

57 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Might be me reading too much into it but I feel like his choice of words, "A lot of people say..." when talking about the arm length was quite interesting. Specifically because that's exactly what Rhule said and Fitt negated it.

Definitely caught this too. Lowkey confirmed that passing on Slater was Rhule's call. 

I'll give the front office this much: Someone said Tepper reads the huddle and other fan sites and I absolutely believe that. Fitt and Rhule appear aware of all the criticism being tossed their way and the timing of the decisions lately seem like they're in direct response.  Having fun imagining Tepper calling Rhule into his office to watch a slideshow of huddle hate.

Edited by MechaZain

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would say go after the best center in free agency--I think they are looking to Brown to take the Miller spot at RG.  With BC as a developing LT, we could be closer than we think.  If we plan to start BC and DBrown, I would focus on some free agent veterans or we could have another disaster.  Erv and Elf need to go.

I agree going with Moton, Brown, and Christensen we may not be far off from a better line.

Why did we ever sign Erving and Elflein to 2 year contracts?  I guess they can be scrub backups.

Paradis's contract was restructured so even though he's done, his contract is the gift that keeps on giving.