• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Game Thread

Zod

As someone who married a Georgia girl, who is a diehard Georgia Bulldogs fan through and through... I got to go with the dawgs. 

The last time Georgia won a Natty was back in 1984.... They are due for one and not winning tonight will be a major heartbreak for Georgia fans. 

What scares me the most is that Georgia is favored to win... That generally does not bold well against Alabama as you saw from the SEC Championship and even dating back to their last meeting in the Natty. 

So crossing fingers for a Georgia victory tonight. GO DAWGS!

Tide all the way. I could definitely see Georgia winning tonight though. It will be hard for Bama to beat them twice in three games.

I did see an interesting fact today in an ESPN article. Bama won the title in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017, and 2020. They also played for it in 2016, 2018, and now 2021 (season).  That’s 9 of the last 13 seasons in which Bama has played for the title. That’s an insane run, and it has to end at some point. 

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

As someone who married a Georgia girl, who is a diehard Georgia Bulldogs fan through and through... I got to go with the dawgs. 

The last time Georgia won a Natty was back in 1984.... They are due for one and not winning tonight will be a major heartbreak for Georgia fans. 

What scares me the most is that Georgia is favored to win... That generally does not bold well against Alabama as you saw from the SEC Championship and even dating back to their last meeting in the Natty. 

I think Georgia has the better overall team but they have to get decent QB play tonight. I wish UNC could've loaned them Sam Howell for this one.

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Few years off there. Their last national championship was in 1980. 

Unless Bama is playing Clemson…I don’t pick against Bama.  

Bama has the best overall roster basically every single season.  

Bama is just a bad matchup.   Think they drop back and beat them again.  

And they have the coaching/big game edge….this is like walking to the mailbox for Saban. 

But I’ll pull for UGA.  Just think Bama takes it 

• Pie 1