• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers fire Blackburn, Okam, and Meyer

Cdparr7

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Guy talking about him on NFL Network indicated part of the problem is he's apparently kinda hard to work with. Made note of the fact that he kept firing his offensive line coaches, among other things.

(this seems to be a common issue with guys in the Belichick coaching tree)

I think the Urban meyer fallout is going to have teams thinking twice about these aggressive behavior'd coaches.

Edited by TheCasillas

So we are going to criticize Rhule for having his inexperienced buddies on his roster but then get upset if he lets Chase go even though Chase doesn't really have an impressive resume and is one of those typical, well liked, gritty, ex-players that coaches usually give a job to.

Let's try to be consistent here.

ST and OL coach were the same one speculated that he would sacrifice in season if needed.  They weren’t his boys from college.  

and it looks like he threw in one Baylor guy that he only worked work for 2 years to make it not so glaring.

probably hires brother in law or some poo.  That went to Temple for a semester or something 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

I know everyone wanted Rhule gone, but that doesn't look like it will happen.

Getting rid of 3 coaches that were in charge of three units that underachieved isn't a bad thing.

I definitely don’t think Fhule is out of the woods yet. I would say this goes along with the Glazer report, if he can’t get some great guys, Fhule might be gone.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I definitely don’t think Fhule is out of the woods yet. I would say this goes along with the Glazer report, if he can’t get some great guys, Fhule might be gone.

Maybe, but my point is its a bit of a double standard to be upset that Rhule has his inexperienced "buddies" as coaches but then you get upset if he replaces Chase, who let's be honest, doesn't really have a great coaching resume.

Apparently its ok if it's a former, well-liked player.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Maybe, but my point is its a bit of a double standard to be upset that Rhule has his inexperienced "buddies" as coaches but then you get upset if he replaces Chase, who let's be honest, doesn't really have a great coaching resume.

Apparently its ok if it's a former, well-liked player.

Hell I don’t think Blackburn is great at ST either but heck he isn’t worse that Fhule. He has no idea how to lead a team and he’ll don’t even know how rules work on calling timeout compare to play clock. So if anything his ass should have been gone first.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So we are going to criticize Rhule for having his inexperienced buddies on his roster but then get upset if he lets Chase go even though Chase doesn't really have an impressive resume and is one of those typical, well liked, gritty, ex-players that coaches usually give a job to.

Let's try to be consistent here.

I don't know that people are upset due to Blackburn's firing in and of itself. I think people are more upset because Rhule--who essentially did a worse job, and is responsible for the entire clusterfug of a season--is firing fall guys as opposed to being fired himself.

As for Blackburn's work, I think that it's a little harder for the average person to evaluate ST play (as compared to offense and defense) from an analytical standpoint. And, you're right, maybe his resume is meh. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2