• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a question

ladypanther

Good question LP. I think the Panthers thought they made the moves to address the OL and DL this past offseason but they were miserably wrong. This to me is what tells me these guys do not know what they are doing. Most could see the OL was going to be a problem before the season started so how could a highly paid NFL coach not see it? 

• Beer 2

51 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

So now...everyone (Panther staff) says we need to build the oline. Fitt says you build a team with the oline and dline.  What the heck were they doing last year?  Why did they just wake up and have this revelation?  Teddy was sacked a bunch. And why do you think he had all those short throwS?. Had to get the ball out quick. Anytime it was crunch time the oline crumbled. Then they went out and got a QB who was considered a failure who had played behind a terrible oline.  They did the same thing to him.  This just baffles me. Now they say it is important????

From who got brought in last offseason, I believe Fitt must have been a resume` reader and didn't watch much tape or check with the doctors.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

So now...everyone (Panther staff) says we need to build the oline. Fitt says you build a team with the oline and dline.  What the heck were they doing last year?  Why did they just wake up and have this revelation?  Teddy was sacked a bunch. And why do you think he had all those short throwS?. Had to get the ball out quick. Anytime it was crunch time the oline crumbled. Then they went out and got a QB who was considered a failure who had played behind a terrible oline.  They did the same thing to him.  This just baffles me. Now they say it is important????

Yea he said a team is built on the lines and that’s the ‘foundation’. Which is true. But…

the resources went to CBs..

and defense…

and positions outside the line…

one sole ‘top pick’, more like mid pick for BC.

that’s it. Trash brought in.

said line was priority. But why now? Why not before? It’s the foundation.

very confusing

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Growl said:

It’s just a generic thing you say to try and satiate the bloodlust 

“we have to get better up front”

”we didn’t do a real good job executing”

”we as coaches have to do better”

by singling out this one obvious and specific but ultimately small thing and intentionally missing the forest for the trees, you hope to make people look away from the big picture massive misfires that could cost you your job. 

textbook PR maneuvering 

“We are going to play physical football and are going to be an attacking offense and defense”

1 hour ago, thennek said:

Good question LP. I think the Panthers thought they made the moves to address the OL and DL this past offseason but they were miserably wrong. This to me is what tells me these guys do not know what they are doing. Most could see the OL was going to be a problem before the season started so how could a highly paid NFL coach not see it? 

This absolutely tells me this front office is in over its head.  Signing those 2 scrubs the first fuging hour of free agency is all you need to know about how stupid rhule is in evaluating lineman.  Not picking one in the 2020 or 2021 first round is another example.  He (and probably Fitt) are fuging clueless and this is looking like a clown show.

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

They don’t know what they’re doing. What they say and what they do have been two very different things. 

5 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

It isn’t like the position was ignored. They just made awful decisions trying to address it. 

Exactly. They thought they could turn these guys into quality, reliable starters even though their histories said otherwise. Same with Darnold. Total lack of ability to evaluate, or even worse, their ego told them they could make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I guess you had 4 questions. Or maybe 3.5 as the last one isn't really a question. 

What the heck were they doing last year?

They drafted and signed several lineman on both sides of the ball.

Why did they just wake up and have this revelation?

Did they? See above answer to first question.

And why do you think he had all those short throwS?

Because the Oline sucked.

Now they say it is important????

Yes????