• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson's Tampa performance. Could he become a force in 2022?

SCO96

16 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Bouye played extremely well also and will be back next year. I feel fine letting Gilmore and dj walk unless the deals they get are reasonable. 

I was about to say this. He will be a nice vet to play with Henderson, Horn, Taylor, SOT, and Pride.

33 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Letting Jackson and Gilmore both walk would give us a lot of cap room. We could keep Bouye, Horn, Henderson and still be okay.

I believe Bouye will be a cap casualty due to the current depth in the secondary. He’s played well when he was on the field which wasn’t too often due to injuries. Give me Horn, Henderson, Gilmore and Taylor. Let’s not forget Stantley-Oliver and Troy Pride coming off IR. Both are decent special teamers and on rookie deals.

None of this matters, we still have Rhule as the head coach. 

I bet we have no more than 4 wins from Rhule next year hopefully he will be fired by thanksgiving.  (If not sooner) all I can hope for now is Rhule does something stupid in the off-season like buys a motorcycle and wrecks with a prostitute on the back or starts blue jean Fridays again I heard that was popular in the past. 

Or better yet besides a prostitute on the back of the motorcycle when he wrecks have tepper on the back of it so we can get a new coach and new owner win/win. 

Edited by ncguy2184

I don't care the cost, we HAVE to keep Gilmore, no matter what, even if it means losing a young good player or missing out on a good FA because the money went to Gilmore.

Horn has all-pro potential and the two are already friends and have known each other for years with them both being Gamecocks.

Even if it's a one year deal for stupid money, keeping Gilmore to mentor Horn on the field and not just in the film room as he's likely done this year is what is best for Horn's long term future.  If we want to maximize his potential, you do it by keeping a friend of his who just so happens to be one of the best CB's the league has seen in the past couple decades so he can mentor him.

It might cost us other players, and thus cost us wins in 2022, but I don't care, it will pay off in the future when Horn is a consistent All Pro corner.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I still am a fan of the Henderson trade. If we really want to invest cap space in improving the OL and still keep guys like Reddick and Burns long term we may have to let both Donte and Gilmore walk. Horn and Henderson could be a solid starting pair and really cheap. His upside was worth the pick and Arnold was pretty worthless to us anyways. It's tough since we wasted other draft picks on Darnold but I think this one was a good value trade for a player who's better and has more upside than anyone we'd draft with that pick anyways.

The defensive secondary was just as big a problem as the offensive was last year. We just got that fixed. We can't set that on fire just because we haven't fixed the other massive hole yet. If we want to be a man-heavy team that can cover well enough to dedicate extra bodies to stopping the run and rushing the passer--which is clearly the blueprint--then we can't just give up both dudes. Every team needs three guys who can cover. We finally have them. Let's keep them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It doesn’t mean he is good. Just better than some of the other trash that was out there.

He did his job on Sunday, and this speaks to development. It's much too early to be casting Henderson in a negative light. Unlike the Darnold trade, we got good value on paper, and he showed some promise after several weeks. That's a positive, not a negative. 

Some of you are killing me in your zest to throw all the babies out with the bathwater just because you hate Rhule. 

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, t96 said:

I still am a fan of the Henderson trade. If we really want to invest cap space in improving the OL and still keep guys like Reddick and Burns long term we may have to let both Donte and Gilmore walk. Horn and Henderson could be a solid starting pair and really cheap. His upside was worth the pick and Arnold was pretty worthless to us anyways. It's tough since we wasted other draft picks on Darnold but I think this one was a good value trade for a player who's better and has more upside than anyone we'd draft with that pick anyways.

I think at the time it looked good on paper but in hindsight not so much. 

Edited by mrcompletely11