• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson's Tampa performance. Could he become a force in 2022?

SCO96

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think at the time it looked good on paper but in hindsight not so much. 

Why not? Henderson has starter's talent, which is evident from draft profiles and grades. If we can get him to play up to his talent level, then we've got a good corner for cheap. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Why not? Henderson has starter's talent, which is evident from draft profiles and grades. If we can get him to play up to his talent level, then we've got a good corner for cheap. 

It’s been 2 seasons now.  Sometimes it just doesn’t happen.  He got scorched when he did get in games.   

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It’s been 2 seasons now.  Sometimes it just doesn’t happen.  He got scorched when he did get in games.   

He played his rookie season with a torn labrum and eventually went to IR... This year he only graded poorly in one game. Not sure we have enough of a sample size to agree with your claim. Plus, young successful CBs is extremely rare. CBs transitioning from college to pros normally take 3 - 4 years. There are a ton of cases to support that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He played his rookie season with a torn labrum and eventually went to IR... This year he only graded poorly in one game. Not sure we have enough of a sample size to agree with your claim. Plus, young successful CBs is extremely rare. CBs transitioning from college to pros normally take 3 - 4 years. There are a ton of cases to support that.

Sure, we will see.   His overall on pff is 50 so I am not overly optimistic.  I think there was probably something else going on in Jacksonville that made them move on from him so quickly.  I get that they are incompetent but still, he was a top 10 pick and they had enough of him in record time

2 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

The issue with this is we can't invest cap space into the OL and still net comp picks from Gilmore/Jackson. Theyre going to cancel each other out. 

Maybe, maybe not. There will be OL who are cut that won't count towards the comp pick formula, also potential trades. Can also bank the cap space and spend in 2023

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

bc he looked sleepy during all of his interviews... we covered this when we traded for him.

They were talking about his play on the field too… slow, gets smoked on double moves, doesn’t pay attention, hates to tackle, disinterested in football. 

Dilla and the Duval crew were happy to see him go. 

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure, we will see.   His overall on pff is 50 so I am not overly optimistic.  I think there was probably something else going on in Jacksonville that made them move on from him so quickly.  I get that they are incompetent but still, he was a top 10 pick and they had enough of him in record time

They had to go get him from his house at one point cause he wouldn’t come into the facility.  Rumors he was gonna just retire.  Guy has baggage like Louis Vuitton.  

Just now, SCO96 said:

You know, if he turns out to be solid at a CB spot, that is actually a good way to look at the deal.

It's the only way to look at it. That's how our GM does. The draft is one resource that is not always limited to the current draft of course. 

Most get caught up in the future 1st round pick trades but the later round picks get ignored.  You can use those in various ways as well. Like picking up former 1st round pick reclamation projects. Some workout some don't. 

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's the only way to look at it. That's how our GM does. The draft is one resource that is not always limited to the current draft of course. 

Most get caught up in the future 1st round pick trades but the later round picks get ignored.  You can use those in various ways as well. Like picking up former 1st round pick reclamation projects. Some workout some don't. 

I honestly think if the pick traded for him or for Darnold hadnt been the same year it'd be looked at differently...

I don't think the trade for CJ was necessarily bad. But I do think he (and Horn) are why Gilmore is important to retain for another year if possible. Our coaches blow but Gilmore does not. He can show them a ton.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Brady spent most of the day making sure Gronk got his bonus, which should have been falling on our LB's / Safeties for coverage.  Jury still out on Henderson for me.  Didn't hate the trade, but I'd like to see more consistency before I can get on board with saying it was a win for us.