• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Poll Consensus: Panthers end season as the 6th worst team in the NFL.

SCO96

https://www.derp/2022/1/11/22876716/nfl-power-rankings-media-dishes-out-season-ending-pain-for-panthers

"Aggregating several rankings, the Panthers come out to an average of No. 27 (last week: No. 27) in the 32-team NFL."

-----

I didn't post much from the article. Feel free to click on it to view the entire thing. No one had us ranked higher than 26 (CBS.com) on the power poll. We received our lowest grade (30) from NFL.com. We averaged out as the 6th worst team in the the NFL. Based on the way last season ended, I'm not so sure we'd beat any of the 5 teams below us if we played today.

I know we just have to be patient and realize that Rhule's process is working, we just don't see the results yet. 🙄

13 minutes ago, OriginalPD said:

No way there are that many teams worse than Carolina. From week 10 on they’ve been a dumpster fire on a train wreck in a nuclear holocaust. 

I agree.

Can anyone on this forum name 5 teams worse than we are at the present time?

JAX, DET, HOU, NYJ, and NYG are in front of us in the draft. We beat two of them to start the season, but both teams got better as the season progressed. The Giants handed us one of our worst defeats of the year. I honestly don't think we'd beat any of them if had to play them this Sunday.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

We havent shown life since arizona TWO MONTHS AGO!  Literally blown out every week.  Jacksonville beat Indy who was playing for their lives, could we beat them, Nope, Next Detroit...did anyone in the poll see how they played down the stretch for Dan Campbell?  No way on earth we beat that team, they atleast had pride and were wanting to build something.  Houston and Jets are MAAAYYYBEEEs, I think Jets at this point would smash us, but Houston we could go toe to toe with.  Giants?  They skull drug us.  Falcons?  Same.  We MIGHT not be the worst current team in the NFL, but we're for fug sure in the bottom 3.

JAX, DET, HOU all played with heart at the end of the season.

Jets have a talented rookie QB that will get better if he is supported (OL, good WR)

The only team with a poor record that I think might be behind us would be the Giants.  And that's only because their starting QB got a neck injury and his health status is up-in-the-air.  

If Daniel Jones comes back fine next season, I'd say the Panthers are #32.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

I agree.

Can anyone on this forum name 5 teams worse than we are at the present time?

JAX, DET, HOU, NYJ, and NYG are in front of us in the draft. We beat two of them to start the season, but both teams got better as the season progressed. The Giants handed us one of our worst defeats of the year. I honestly don't think we'd beat any of them if had to play them this Sunday.

There should be a tournament where the bottom teams get to play for the #1 draft pick. This helps avoid tanking and gives fans a reason to watch their losing team play for something!