• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Fitterer's press conference

A breath of fresh air until you hear him gloating over Sam Darnold and emphasizing the need to prop him up with top tier talent literally everywhere in order to get an resemblance of consistent success out of him.

This front office is willing to ride the Darnold decision to their deathbed.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I appreciate the post/thread.  When Fitterer said, "When Rhule asks me for my input, I'll gladly offer it."  That not only distanced him from the mess, it also may have been a statement about including the GM.  Could be reading too much into it, but I thought the comment was odd compared to my impression of how it should run.  It is like the scouts report to Rhule, not the GM, and the GM is out of the loop.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

A breath of fresh air until you hear him gloating over Sam Darnold and emphasizing the need to prop him up with top tier talent literally everywhere in order to get an resemblance of consistent success out of him.

This front office is willing to ride the Darnold decision to their deathbed.

He was not gloating over him. It was typical gm fluff speech and no one committed to him being the answer 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 3

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

He was not floating over him. It was typical gm fluff speech and no one committed to him being the answer 

It was a stark contrast to how they (Rhule) was ready to throw Teddy B out into the street last season. 

Until we do something else at QB, I’ll refrain from giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Fitt's aggressive and savvy. I love his maneuvering in the draft and his "in on every deal" mentality.

He hasn't hit on every one of his FA/trade moves, no. But at least he's making moves. And in spite of what the doom and gloomers think, we really haven't given up that much to make these moves. I'm not even completely soured on Sam. Henderson could end up being a steal.

I'm fully on board with Fitt and am genuinely excited to see what he does this off-season.

• Pie 3