• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LKN Blizzard of 2022

Happy Panther

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

3-4 inches of freezing rain? They'd have to be calling for 3-4 feet of snow to create that much ice from freezing rain.

3-4 inches of freezing rain and it will be a war zone here from the sound of falling branches and trees to everyone's power going out. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

3-4 inches of freezing rain and it will be a war zone here from the sound of falling branches and trees to everyone's power going out. 

If it's freezing rain it'll probably be an inch or so based on the moisture available which combined with wind is still gonna create PLENTY of problems.

Okay now, I'm starting to get weather alerts from folks I actually pay attention to on this one.

Gonna keep an eye on this. I snowboarded 30-50 days a year back in CO depending on conditions and how busy I was but I've never been in NC. If we're gonna actually get some real snow I might have to break out a board and go slide around a bit.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Okay now, I'm starting to get weather alerts from folks I actually pay attention to on this one.

Gonna keep an eye on this. I snowboarded 30-50 days a year back in CO depending on conditions and how busy I was but I've never been in NC. If we're gonna actually get some real snow I might have to break out a board and go slide around a bit.

NC slopes are more icy than snowy, so this could be a good time to try them out.