• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My list of questions for David Tepper

Zod

Simple question here brought on by the somewhat late firing of the Giants' head coach on Tuesday.

Since Sunday evening after the game, has Tepper come out publicly and said, not hinted at but said, "Matt Rhule is going to be our head coach for 2022." ?

If so, can you point me to where he said it? I just want to settle it in my mind.

Otherwise, I don't think a promise has been made to Rhule at this point. He may have been given papers to gather his (projected) coaching staff and to report back. If that grouping is loaded with more Temple/Baylor toadies and is short on NFL experience, Rhule may get the "This just isn't going to work out" speech.

I’d want to know what Rhule said to him at the end of year meeting that would convince him that year three is going to be any different. 

The next thing I’d ask him is if Rhule has full autonomy to make any moves he desires this off-season, such as trading future picks, signing big name free agents, or giving out big contracts to some of our own. 

If the answer is yes to any of the above questions, I’m going into a five year expectation hibernation with this franchise. 

1 hour ago, Zod said:

1. Is this franchise where you hoped it would be when you hired Matt Rhule?

2. Rhule is 0-7 against coaches who have been fired this week. Is that concerning?

3. Is 2022 a make or break year for Matt Rhule and if so what is the bar set at?

4. If you could go back in time 2 years, is there anything you would have done differently for the Panthers?

5. What has Matt Rhule shown you that has you convinced he deserves another year? 

That is one heck of a good list of questions.  Hopefully he'll answer them.  Probably not.