• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schaffer now singles out Matt Rhule as the only failing coach who hasn’t been fired, yet.

Julio

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You can have a quick turnaround in the NFL if you know what you’re doing. Plenty of examples. 

the “program builder” I keep hearing for Rhule is fuging stupid and irrelevant. You don’t need four years to build poo in the NFL. That sort of logic applies to college football when a program like Temple or UNC Charlotte or ECU has nothing but time to let a guy come in and create something. Not in the pros. Win now or GTFO. 

Yep see Cincinnati. 1st pick to winning division in two years

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The lack Of adjustments and playcalling tweaks after half time is the worst I’ve ever seen from a NFL coaching staff. I mean WTF you doing at half time because it sure as hell wasn’t your job. 

They’re making adjustments. It’s just the wrong adjustments.

They clearly need a full week to organize one scoring drive. A 15 min halftime is not enough.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

except that we won't get first pick. we'll win games...early on in the season and then we drop off the cliff. 

we're looking at a consistent 4-5 win coach.

We are easily the leaders in the clubhouse for the #1 pick as we stand today. I honestly don’t see a close 2nd.  We got incredibly lucky the first 3 games of this season.  Not going to happen again.   What team is going to be worse then us next year?

I think Rhule’s master plan is just tell lies long enough and hopefully people will start to believe. 

I’ve never hated a HC before… Rhule is a first for me! I’ve disliked decisions HC’s have made, disappointed in their ability to win, or disagreed with their approach. Rhule, I just hate everything about the man!

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, Manna said:

Lighten up. With Rhule returning we have a great opportunity to land the No.1 overall pick in the 2023 draft. Too bad this isn't madden where we can just sim the season and not have to sit through it. 

personally I'm focusing on the Hornets and Hurricanes until Rhule/Tepper start showing any signs at all they know what they're doing and/or Rhule is fired and the new coach proves better.

I hate the term "program".  It just doesn't mean anything.  That's a college thing.

In the NFL, what you want and need is a system.  Look at the Patriots.  They have a system.  Both for players and coaches.  Plug in a guy and the system keeps working.  Steelers.  Same thing.  Just keep plugging in guys.  Chiefs.  They have a system.

In all those examples, you have a strong HC who makes it all tick.  You don't need years to develop a system.  Either you have one or you don't.  Sure, you may need years to develop consistency.  It may take time to become seen around the league as successful.  That's culture. 

But it comes after winning.  After you have a system that people can see is working.  RESULTS.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Rivera and Jimmy Johnson are the lone exceptions.

Rivera also showed massive improvement the end of year 2, so I get not firing him (tho many on this forum wanted him gone still).  The team was also very competitive in most losing games in 2012, at least moreso than this trash heap

Jimmy Johnson was a different era and different kind of football.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BudFox said:

Yes.  It's been a headscratcher that seemingly smart people keep referencing the year 3 turnaround. It works in college because you need time for your recruits right out of high school to catch up and compete with 22 year old 5th year seniors. 

Right? You can win almost immediately with a quick turnaround if you get somebody in there who knows what’s going on. Plenty of examples. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, RumHam said:

you know that was tepper. We do have Gilmore. We have more splash moves than at any point under Hurney.

<cough>Greg Olsen 2011<cough>

There were others, but that one outweighs any of the "splash" moves we've made this past season alone. Wayyyyy outweighs. 

Not saying Marty was a genius at all, but let's not get all big and bold about the 2021 season's acquisitions. Gilmore looks like a good DB, but that was two interceptions on a team that just was getting killed every weekend since he joined.

• Beer 1