• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Happens If We Strike Out on a Legit OC Hire?

SetfreexX

Truth is regardless of who we hire, my feelings towards them and the team are going to continue to be "meh" until Rhule is fired. 

I won't allow myself to get pissed off anymore but this crap team or get excited when we have an ok draft and pick up a few decent FAs or win a couple games early in the season. 

Regardless of what happens we're going to keep winning just a enough games to get us a top 5-10 pick every year as long as Rhule is here. 

He's more interested in trying to build his "culture" (whatever the hell that is) than win. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Hue Jackson is out there somewhere. We probably could do worse, but damn it’ll be challenging.  Rhule’s bottom of the barrel.  I’m surprised I haven’t heard Hackett’s name much.  If Green Bay somehow keeps him after this year and we finally get rid of Rhule next season, ohh wee mayne.  That would make it worthwhile 

He’s got interviews already lined up with 3 teams already, definitely one of the hottest names out there. Jacksonville and Chicago are two of them meaning he’d either get to work with Lawrence or Fields. I’d think Jacksonville would make sense with him having made Blake Bortles look good.

8 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

He’s got interviews already lined up with 3 teams already, definitely one of the hottest names out there. Jacksonville and Chicago are two of them meaning he’d either get to work with Lawrence or Fields. I’d think Jacksonville would make sense with him having made Blake Bortles look good.

Aww, fug.  I saw Jax was mostly looking at retreads like BoB and Pederson.  My parade has been rained on 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Could this be the wake up call Tepper needs though? When Rhule comes asking for elite OC money for some trash candidate, probably his buddy Nixon?

I can only hope so.

I figured there would be a big fuss about the OC only to be left wondering who tf this guy is and where he came from.

If we can't convince a good OC to coach under Rhule, then you gotta just get rid of Rhule and bring in someone who can convince some decent coordinators to come with. It'll be interesting to see how many OC's turn the job down and how many FA's bail. Tepper won't be able to turn a blind eye to that kinda stuff

I don't know how we could strike out with Rhule here as head coach. I'd imagine every interview would start with:

"Look, I could go coach any college in the US, I don't have to be here because I'm highly sought after and the best coach of the generation. If you come here I'm the top dog, you'll help out where I see fit. So what do you think?"

Boom! Hired by this visionary of a coach

• Beer 1

I feel that Tepper is smart enough to make sure the OC that is hired will be such a high caliber  football person he could take over the team if Rhule is ousted, which would be a win-win sitution.. 

I will admit that Tepper has made and allowed Rhule to make some glaring mistakes. I hope he has learned from these mistakes and will not make another one by allowing the wrong OC to be hired.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I feel that Tepper is smart enough to make sure the OC that is hired will be such a high caliber  football person he could take over the team if Rhule is ousted, which would be a win-win sitution.. 

I will admit that Tepper has made and allowed Rhule to make some glaring mistakes. I hope he has learned from these mistakes and will not make another one by allowing the wrong OC to be hired.

I can't see Rhule not trying to interfere as much as possible to convince Tepper to take another yes man. At that point Rhule would just be doing more harm than good, it's not even about the team to him it seems like

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He's fumbled every step of the way.