• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

I hope every OC & then FA we want says no because of Rhule. Going to take something drastic to wake Tepper's dumb ass up. 

When you have a coach saying dumb things like that about Slater, GREAT message to send to players around the league that our idiotic HC essentially alienated from ever potentially coming here. 

Steve Smith was probably too small to be a WR, too. 

• Beer 3

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Is it honesty? Just seems like standard Rhule bullshit.  

He drafted a DB that high instead lol.  And Herbert isn’t really that much more mobile of it all than his boys Sam/PJ.  What does that even mean. 

I’d just like to note for the record that I flipped out and couldn’t believe we drafted Horn instead of Parson and Slater and caught a lot of flack for it on this forum.

yeah I may be an asshole at times but I’m far more right than not, especially when it comes to the draft. 

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nah, I doubt Herbert is any faster on a stopwatch. He's just a much better QB who doesn't panic. Darnold panics if his first read isn't open. I'm still just baffled at how misused Herbert was by that Oregon staff. Damn...

Herbert was my favorite QB in that draft, you can go back and look at my posts if you don’t believe me, devastated that he went before us but there is nothing we could have done about that. Just bad luck there….

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Herbert was my favorite QB in that draft, you can go back and look at my posts if you don’t believe me, devastated that he went before us but there is nothing we could have done about that. Just bad luck there….

The guy was dripping with talent. I just watched a lot of Oregon football living in CO at the time and everything was single reads or rollouts with half field reads. It made you think he couldn't read a defense or be trusted to go through a progression.

2 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

And Anthony Lynn (a horrific head coach/offensive coordinator) was dead set on not playing him. It took the team doctor messing up a shot into Tyrod Taylor for him to get the opportunity.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I hope every OC & then FA we want says no because of Rhule. Going to take something drastic to wake Tepper's dumb ass up. 

When you have a coach saying dumb things like that about Slater, GREAT message to send to players around the league that our idiotic HC essentially alienated from ever potentially coming here. 

Steve Smith was probably too small to be a WR, too. 

Yea between the Slater comment, BC actually playing decent but getting no commitment to LT because of 1", scapegoating Joe Brady, the night and day QB support between Cam and Sam in the pressers...It all looks bad to any potential player or coach. They're gonna have to pay extra for anyone coming in and that just sets a weird tone for all involved

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

yeah I may be an asshole at times but I’m far more right than not, especially when it comes to the draft. 

Just 2 times--daytime and nighttime.  Whoa-hey now!  Kidding.

You are usually spot on.  I have not noticed the asshole thing--but I usually just read the ideas and spend less time worrying about who says what.  Except there are a few real dickheads on here--when I see their names, I usually don't read what they have to say because they are close minded and antagonistic.

53 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

Am I the only one to get the not-so subtle impression that Rhule plays the players against the "fans", here? Possibly in the locker-room as well.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a tactic poor leaders use.

So yeah...probably.

i can definitely see that, esp. in the awy the players talk to the media. it seems more like a culture thing for sure and the HC creates the culture.

the more i see what rhule does i think he's a manipulative leader-type, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing....as long as the leader knows what they are doing, which i think we're seeing isn't the case. 

he's manipulating the team off a cliff.

I am surprised he came out publicly with his Slater comments. He’s doubled down on those all year. Figured he’d just keep that to himself.

Derrick Brown was more Marty than Rhule. I want Rhule gone as much as the next man but there is some truth to some of this Marty stuff. 

The Herbert stuff is annoying. He claims he would’ve taken Herbert and he obviously went before our pick BUT if you truly thought Herbert was a franchise guy, why not trade up? You can’t tell me Detroit wouldn’t have traded back. They still would’ve got Okudah at 7. The 2021 1st I assume they would’ve had to send is a small price to pay considering when you combine the price they paid for Darnold and what they’re going to start offering for a QB this offseason.

Edited by *FreeFua*

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

But he didn’t and Slater’s in the pro bowl and out OL is way worse than our CBs. We should have gone OL heavy in the draft and we didn’t and we are now paying for it.

If we would have used the 1st pick on Slater and solidified the Left OT position and in the 2nd drafted a top rated guard, or center, it's possible that Sam Darnold just might have been a serviceable QB and we would have probably have won 2 or 3 more games. Rhule and Fitty really screwed the pooch on last year's draft with all their genius trading back for players we didn't really need.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I just listened to the whole interview and I'm more convinced he should be fired immediately.. fuging Tepper.

Really not sure what he gained by going on there. Then the Wilson guy was like "I think people misunderstand Rhule because he's so positive". What? What about his Slater/BC arm length comments, QB carousel, constant lying and scapegoating give you an optimistic vibe? He's been in survival mode since like week 5. He's like the dude you don't want on your walking dead/apocalypse crew 

• Beer 2