• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Bad take. Mac has looked really damn good. Every stat indicates that. Watching him play shows it. Sure he's in a good system in NE, and sure he'd struggle here. I'd argue every QB would struggle here. Hating on Mac is just Pats hate redirected, far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

And Mac’s play kind of Petered off towards the end of the season

Most of the Mac Jones hate came from the Pats dumping Cam for him. 

Over his last four games, it was really just the NO games where he looked awful (3 pics, completing less than 60% of his passes). He had a terrible INT against TB, but for the most part he played the same safe, smart, conservative game he played all season.

The more concerning stat if you're a New England fan is they went 1-3 over their last four. This seems to play into the narrative that they have to rely on their defense and running game to win. Mac doesn't seem to be able to take them over the hump yet. Maybe after a NFL off-season he'll be able to, but Bill has handled his rookie well. They might even beat Buffalo this weekend.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Louie said:

If we would have used the 1st pick on Slater and solidified the Left OT position and in the 2nd drafted a top rated guard, or center, it's possible that Sam Darnold just might have been a serviceable QB and we would have probably have won 2 or 3 more games. Rhule and Fitty really screwed the pooch on last year's draft with all their genius trading back for players we didn't really need.

Keep the trade backs in place, take Creed Humphrey instead of TMJ, Trey Smith instead of the Long Snapper and the rest of the draft/trade backs are good. Slater/BC or Brown/Creed/Trey/Moton as the line of the future was sitting there for the taking. Never gonna have that fall in your lap ever again

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

I'm not able to listen but........tell me......tell me that he did not just say that

I dont think that is a terrible thing to say.  He wasnt saying he wasnt good I dont think.  Scouting and drafting a player isnt an exact science.  He was just expressing their concerns about him as a prospect.  I think it was a very honest answer.   He could have made up anything and instead he gave an honest answer about their scouting.  Everyone misses.   Even Horn pans out then it wasnt even a miss.  It was just bad prioritizing. 

29 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i can definitely see that, esp. in the awy the players talk to the media. it seems more like a culture thing for sure and the HC creates the culture.

the more i see what rhule does i think he's a manipulative leader-type, which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing....as long as the leader knows what they are doing, which i think we're seeing isn't the case. 

he's manipulating the team off a cliff.

"Culture."

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont think that is a terrible thing to say.  He wasnt saying he wasnt good I dont think.  Scouting and drafting a player isnt an exact science.  He was just expressing their concerns about him as a prospect.  I think it was a very honest answer.   He could have made up anything and instead he gave an honest answer about their scouting.  Everyone misses.   Even Horn pans out then it wasnt even a miss.  It was just bad prioritizing. 

When Slater is coming off a year where he was selected as a Pro Bowl starter at LT in the AFC and played at an All-Pro level - you do not, under any circumstance, say something like that to the public. Yes, people miss all the time, but he has to have some self-awareness. Comments like that make him and the organization look dumb. He's getting roasted by experts that know OL play. Free agents aren't going to want to sign up to play for someone like that. 

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Most of the Mac Jones hate came from the Pats dumping Cam for him. 

Over his last four games, it was really just the NO games where he looked awful (3 pics, completing less than 60% of his passes). He had a terrible INT against TB, but for the most part he played the same safe, smart, conservative game he played all season.

The more concerning stat if you're a New England fan is they went 1-3 over their last four. This seems to play into the narrative that they have to rely on their defense and running game to win. Mac doesn't seem to be able to take them over the hump yet. Maybe after a NFL off-season he'll be able to, but Bill has handled his rookie well. They might even beat Buffalo this weekend.

Matt Jones and Justin Fields were legit QBs that will make it in the NFL. Two entirely different systems but both are good QBs. Zack Wilson and Trevor Lawrence are two who actually might not make it. Both had a easy ride in college and really never had to carry a team because they played lesser competition most of the year.