• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I remember.. But you also weren't vocally against the Horn pick either.. 

I was, actually. Very, very against it initially because I was so upset about Sewell and then we passed on Slater and Fields. I also thought Surtain was a better CB.

I warmed up to the pick closer to camp when I saw some more stuff on Horn and how motivated he was. 

• Pie 3

Just now, WOW!! said:

Again were you or anybody claiming we made a big mistake after the Horn pick??

I saw more ppl mad as fug and loud about the Luke pick 2012 then the Horn pick...

I think it’s dumb to to do that with any draft pick before they even put the jersey on. And back then I still trusted their ability to evaluate players.

10 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

When Slater is coming off a year where he was selected as a Pro Bowl starter at LT in the AFC and played at an All-Pro level - you do not, under any circumstance, say something like that to the public. Yes, people miss all the time, but he has to have some self-awareness. Comments like that make him and the organization look dumb. He's getting roasted by experts that know OL play. Free agents aren't going to want to sign up to play for someone like that. 

How he played during the season doesnt change what they saw when scouting before the draft.  Did they miss?  Obviously, but people reading anything else into this statement are reaching because of their Rhule hatred.  

• Flames 1

16 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Now this IS interesting...Wilson is a complete fool and by comparison he's like Albert Einstein when Norfleet (noticeably absent, hasn't been on the show lately) enters the equation!

Rhule said he "spoke with David twice Monday, twice again on Tuesday, etc"...so this notion that he and Tepper "haven't spoken" can be dismissed -- just not how The Model works.

Clearly they are not operating off any kind of script or pre-approved questions...good for both sides.

As for Tepper, you guys have unrealistic expectations...and let's be honest with each other here -- regardless of what Mr. Tepper might say, Gone Guys® won't be happy 🤦‍♂️

@ellis

What are you doing?

Still harping on that conversation we had last night? You’re still doing that? Jesus Christ.

Apparently, this owner turned his coach into Phil Swift today, and allowed him to parade around and sell his goods and brand, to my surprise, without any type of parameters. Congratulations, you nailed it. If you don’t mind, quit mentioning me on your posts. It’s just annoying, and it would be great if you would not do that.

I probably need to go to sleep, because in six hours, I’m on that very station y’all are talking about. 7:20 AM, live with Mac and bone.
Tune in, sizzle! And take notes, because I need your feedback on how bad it was. Just like the air I breathe. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

17 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

The Rashawn Slater thing - I mean - someone in PR over there needs to coach him on what not to say. The fact that he thought Slater wasn't a LT and the dude dominated as a rookie just reaffirms the belief that he (and the rest of the FO) cannot evaluate OL play. Remember - Seattle has had OL problems for nearly a decade. The Seattle FO has nearly struck out on every OL move they made and that really concerns me about this team's ability to fix this position. Passing on Slater/Humphrey/Trey Smith in the 2021 draft is already a massive whiff.

I remember this being a red flag for the fitterer hire. Going back on the board there were only a few of us pounding the table for Slater. Sewell’s arms are also short, but most people thought he was just a superior athlete. There were people who loved slater in their evals. 

5 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Oh you weren't here the night Luke got picked because it was ugly...

MLB was nowhere near a need when we drafted Luke.  Nobody knew Beason would fall apart.

Nobody knew Luke was Luke.

Corner was a huge need going into the draft.  Horn actually made some sense.  Luke did not.(at the time)

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

How he played during the season doesnt change what they saw when scouting before the draft.  Did they miss?  Obviously, but people reading anything else into this statement are reaching because of their Rhule hatred.  

When the entirety of the national media is saying the opposite its probably time to look in the mirror.  It was a retarded thing to say.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, WOW!! said:

It's crazy and if we brought back receipts half this board would look just like Rhule because most if not all Loved the Horn pick that night... And to be truly honest the ppl who wanted a different player wanted Fields!! Not Slater or Parsons... 

Plain and Simple Horn and Surtain were rated higher then Slater..And Cb was a needed position..

You are insane there are tons of people on here that wanted Slater at 8.  Not fields not horn.....slater