• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule set to appear on WFNZ Thursday morning

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

MLB was nowhere near a need when we drafted Luke.  Nobody knew Beason would fall apart.

Nobody knew Luke was Luke.

Corner was a huge need going into the draft.  Horn actually made some sense.  Luke did not.(at the time)

What is more troubling to me than taking Horn with our first pick was the failure to improve the line with our 2nd draft pick (#39). We traded down from 39 to 52 with Chicago. Than from 52 to 59 with Cleveland to take a WR who finished the season with 17 catches. To this day I don't understand the pick. Both of our wideouts went over a 1,000 yards in 2020. Click on the link below and and adjust the settings to 2nd round/OL lineman taken.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

We had a shot at every player on the board except pick #37 (Landon Dickerson went to the Eagles). We didn't need a RT, but we definitely had a chance at some solid interior lineman and maybe even a LT. The two best centers on the draft board were taken after we picked TMJ. 

I know we picked up some FA lineman prior to the draft, so the team probably thought they had addressed the problem. This is what is so discouraging. Rhule and company don't seem to evaluate player at critical positions very well and it show up on the field during games.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

MLB was nowhere near a need when we drafted Luke.  Nobody knew Beason would fall apart.

Corner was a huge need going into the draft.  Horn actually made some sense.  Luke did not.(at the time)

Beason missed the prior year to the draft with a torn achilles 

Thomas Davis had managed 9 games out of the 3 seasons leading up to the draft.   A reasonable person would think TD was done. 

LB was a need.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

I remember this being a red flag for the fitterer hire. Going back on the board there were only a few of us pounding the table for Slater. Sewell’s arms are also short, but most people thought he was just a superior athlete. There were people who loved slater in their evals. 

From what I remember and I could be mistaken, most people here that liked Slater didnt really love him at 8.  Predraft they thought if Sewell was gone that he would be a candidate to trade back a few spots and take.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are insane there are tons of people on here that wanted Slater at 8.  Not fields not horn.....slater

You read the post right?

Alot of ppl like Slater has been acknowledged..  Nobody was going crazy on we made a big mistake taking Horn other then QB wanting ppl.. And it definitely wasn't as bad as Luke getting picked and half  the board quitting the team.. 

I'm glad you look that up because it was nice and cordial draft night..

7 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

@L-TownCat was literally talking about the argument that happened that night in the same thread on the same page!! Literally posted the talking points that ppl were screaming that night!! Smh

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Beason missed the prior year to the draft with a torn achilles 

Thomas Davis had managed 9 games out of the 3 seasons leading up to the draft.   A reasonable person would think TD was done. 

LB was a need.  

Agree on TD.

Everyone expected Beason to be back.  It was his position.

No one knew what Luke would be except maybe his mom.

(For clarity, I love Luke, hated the pick incorrectly)