• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting point for ‘22 Roster

Santee_Panther

On 1/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm almost positive we are going after either Trubisky or Mariota in the offseason.

If we don't, prepare for Pickett at 6. 

Pickett is going in the top 4.  Dont be surprised if Carolina trades up if they want Pickett.  My hope and dream is trading all the way down out of the 1st round and stock pile picks in whats a very heavy Oline draft in the middle rounds.  Tired of pegging the next season on whatever high rated player we get in the 1st only to see them get injured and then its wait til next year.  Carolina needs more picks, more bodies.  They could easily snag a qb in rounds 2/3 who could start or become a very good backup/trade bait.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

Well, we could have basically had Trubisky for free vs what we paid (in cash and picks) for Darnold. Would be curious to see the pro scout notes that led to that decision. 

Who knows if Mitch wanted to come here to totally end his career? He was in a better position with the bears, why would he downgrade to a worse predicament? I think he made the right choice in being a backup in Buffalo. 

Best case scenario is we trade back to get at least a second,  and take OL in the first (and maybe 2nd as well).  We also spend a lot on a new FA OL, and let the rookies take their lumps next year.

With the line gelling, Darnold and Rhule should lead us to a top 3 pick in the 23 draft and our new coach has a much better class of QBs to choose from.  Gonna suck for us next year.

There are multiple teams that have two first rounders this year that have terrible OLs.  I would be surprised to the Giants take Linderbaum with one of their picks.  The vast majority of the big boards I've seen have Linderbaum as a first round grade and then don't have another center in their top 100.

And we don't want a 4th round rookie starting anywhere on the line.  I'd love the NC State guy, most are saying he is indeed a LT, but a stud guard if not.