• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple analysts ridiculing Rhule's comments

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Also notice this dude said slater has “a really mobile qb” right before saying he played well. Trying to take away what he did this past season. Dude needs to stfu and give non answers. He’s embarrassing this franchise continually.

I caught that also. Slight the man then give him his flowers. 

Its damn near comical, he can't seem to stop digging himself further in that hole. 

In this same interview, he also stated he's not one for throwing his players under the bus. This guy is a narcissist as well as a habitual liar. AND he has full personnel control. Sobering for our future. 

Tepper paid this idiot 60+ million dollars to come here. That's an extremely expensive 10-23 record. I honestly think at minimum a quarter of this board could have done similar if not better in the same span.  

The only press we get in Carolina is due to incompetency. If his character was different, I'd feel sorry for the guy. Clearly he's in over his head.

P.S. Everything he says to the media will now be dissected x10. He's be spiraling downwards since the Joe Person peice. I FULLY expect this to continue. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I heard the whole interview.. And the 4 man rush Twitter guy is on some fug poo!!

He was being honest and reality is if Horn had stayed healthy ppl would take this Slater new a little easier...

Horn could have played lights out and the season’s results would have been closer to the same than if had Rhule picked Slater. It’s not that Horn is bad, it’s that Slater would have helped this specific team significantly more and if your coach is unable to assess that due to a fuging dumb reason…it’s a really bad sign.

Not only this point but he was good signing two god awful olineman with injury histories to decent money when no one else wanted them within seconds of FA.

On top of it all he tries to downplay Slater’s play as if he cannot accept in any capacity he is doing well and justify his pick. Arrogance of knowing it all. That’s going to hurt this franchise.

He cannot evaluate olineman or QBs. The no 2 and 3 most important factors in a winning team after a stout defense. That will not win anything.

There was a HOF coach that said if you’re just looking for prototypical size and not the player overall as a person and in your scheme, you will fail. Or something like that. I forgot who it was. 

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I heard the whole interview.. And the 4 man rush Twitter guy is on some fug poo!!

He was being honest and reality is if Horn had stayed healthy ppl would take this Slater new a little easier...

Are you related to coach rhule ? I see you playing defense for him in multiple threads. You’re like the only one too

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Are you related to coach rhule ? I see you playing defense for him in multiple threads. You’re like the only one too

the poo he posts never makes any sense

"IF the bad thing didn't happen, then a good thing woudla happened!"

Well since the bad thing did happen we gone go ahead and live here in reality.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

"That was a hard decision," Rhule said. "Rashawn hadn't played the year before, he wasn't ideal tackle size. There was a lot of questions if he was a guard or tackle and the same thing with Alijah Vera-Tucker and it was really are you going to take a guy who's a guard at this number?

I am throwing this quote at every single person that questions taking a center in the top 10.

Congratulations for agreeing with Matt Rhule.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Here we go best defense "I must be related to the guy" ...Instead of me just speaking on what I heard... I don't like  Rhule either but I'm not going to lie about anything he said either.. Call it Morals ..

Edited by WOW!!

36 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Horn could have played lights out and the season’s results would have been closer to the same than if had Rhule picked Slater. It’s not that Horn is bad, it’s that Slater would have helped this specific team significantly more and if your coach is unable to assess that due to a fuging dumb reason…it’s a really bad sign.

Not only this point but he was good signing two god awful olineman with injury histories to decent money when no one else wanted them within seconds of FA.

On top of it all he tries to downplay Slater’s play as if he cannot accept in any capacity he is doing well and justify his pick. Arrogance of knowing it all. That’s going to hurt this franchise.

He cannot evaluate olineman or QBs. The no 2 and 3 most important factors in a winning team after a stout defense. That will not win anything.

There was a HOF coach that said if you’re just looking for prototypical size and not the player overall as a person and in your scheme, you will fail. Or something like that. I forgot who it was. 

This Is BS.. Cause even if we had great Tackle play the interior gave up the most pressure and Sam would still be our QB and Still suck...

So acting like anything would be different with better OT play is a opinion not fact.. If we had a Shut Down CB on defense maybe we win the Washington, Dallas, Minnesota,  Philly and Dolphins game with Horn shutting down half the field...

But again that isn't a fact either..

ALL I'm saying I can't play the hindsight 20/20 game on this 1 decision because I think Horn was a higher rated player in just as important position..

Bedard’s comment is spot on. Rhule is the anti-Belichick at pressers. He talks to much. Just be confident in your decision and let the results play out. If you’re a year 3 guy…then get it right in year three. Problem is that he’s trying to preach to Tepper through the media. 

FTR I think he’s right…if Jaycee had played people wouldn’t be questioning that pick. Jaycee was playing like a pro bowler. Hopefully he’s healthy next year and gets back to that level.